The 12 Scams Of Christmas

HardOCP News

[H] News
All the scams listed in this article have been around for ages and happen all year long (not just at Christmas) but its a good list for those friends and family members bugging you for tech support over the holidays.

During the holiday season, you may see an increase in gift baskets from vendors who want to continue doing business with your company. One popular gift is branded USBs — but be aware that pre-installed malware may come installed on them.

Phooey, another clickbait article. It would be nice if the option to view the whole thing in ONE page was available instead of the endless clicking to read a single paragraph per page.
Some people are able to read and comprehend text that is longer than 140 characters at a time. Argh.

Sorry, had to vent. I really do not like clickbait articles.

Phooey, another clickbait article. It would be nice if the option to view the whole thing in ONE page was available instead of the endless clicking to read a single paragraph per page.
Some people are able to read and comprehend text that is longer than 140 characters at a time. Argh.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't want to have to click everything and load it all piecemeal, it's extremely annoying.

Most likely a pay per view type of website for their ads. So they want to stretch the most trivial shit, out as much as possible.

^This, stopped after the 4th one.

Aborted. When. I. Saw. What. It. Was.

I think sites like that qualify for the list of scams.

Hey, you guys should be thankful it was on an actual news site instead of Kotaku!

From the [H] headline I once had an employee run up to me and say "Hey man check this out!" and just jam a random thumb drive into my pc that was sent to him in the mail, suddenly it executes a run dialogue to load a webpage and download some shit. I damn near punched him in the nuts while I frantically removed it and yanked the power from my PC. He's all "what dude isnt that cool?! I got this in the mail from some business I've never heard of!"

Back