Google Alerts FBI Over YouTube Comment Threatening To Kill Cops

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have a great idea! I am going to threaten to kill police on the internet! What could possibly go wrong?

A Colorado man named Jeremiah Perez has been arrested for a comment he posted on YouTube, threatening to kill "retired helpless cops," which Google itself reported it to authorities.

what about the dumb gaming groups threatening to rape/kill women on twitter...

some nerds need to get out of mom's basement and get some sunlight.

Well, he wanted to draw attention to himself and he got it. Can't feel sorry for this dumbass.

Because threats from sockpuppets are not credible...

The FBI are constantly investigating threats from all kinds of sources. They obviously feel that most if not all threats being used for publicity are just that and not credible to warrant an arrest or other legal response despite what you hear in MSM.

Someone correct this if its wrong, but I think Google's reporting requirement stems from the "threatening to kill" part, not the "cops" part. Also I'm assuming Google were alerted to the threats by user complaints. If so, the reporting would have been part of the processing of these complaints.

Sometimes people say things in jest and you have to take it in context, but in this case... yeah, never go full retard. Guy deserves whats coming to him for that. Merry Christmas to any LEOs out there, and stay safe.

And for everybody else, use some common sense and when stopped roll down your windows, keep your hands on the steering wheel with the engine off, and either have ID/insurance ready or ask before reaching into the glove box.

Because it's apparently socially acceptable when gamers do it to women and funny when it forces women to act to protect themselves. :(

Because it's apparently socially acceptable when gamers do it to women and funny when it forces women to act to protect themselves. :(

Yea! You guys should get on that. Hurry, before one of those women die, cuz you know, men don't get any of those.

Anyway, I don't get the whole kill cops thing going on. Unless the one you kill did something, you're just killing indiscriminately. Sure doesn't help the issue much. Not that I'm saying, go kill the cops you disagree with, because, obviously, you probably don't know the whole story.

Yea! You guys should get on that. Hurry, before one of those women die, cuz you know, men don't get any of those.

Anyway, I don't get the whole kill cops thing going on. Unless the one you kill did something, you're just killing indiscriminately. Sure doesn't help the issue much. Not that I'm saying, go kill the cops you disagree with, because, obviously, you probably don't know the whole story.
IMO the mandatory minimum sentence for threatening to kill a cop is six weeks alongside any random cop squad in any major U.S. city.

It was inferred from a FOI request to the FBI that they are indeed investigating the dumbass teens who threaten to rape and kill people because video games.

Basically, someone asked for information on whether the FBI is looking into Gamergate, and the feds responded with a form letter that said there's an ongoing investigation. Good, I say. These kids give every gamer - including the rational ones within Gamergate - a bad name.
Are you one of those types that have problems with authority figures?
His question as to why those who threaten cops are being singled out as opposed to those who threaten period is entirely valid. Police enjoy great leniency when they break the law, this cannot be denied. A few years ago, we had a cop here in my city who not only threatened a workplace shooting, but also stated he'd like to "Shoot someone to see how it feels". He made these threats in full earshot of other cops, but wasn't arrested.

It only came to light a year or so after when, after the cop in-question was arrested for assaulting his fiance, a FOI request from the local paper revealed a damning internal affairs report.

I won't link to it, as it would reveal personal information about where I live. You can PM me for a link to the story if you'd like.

And for everybody else, use some common sense and when stopped roll down your windows, keep your hands on the steering wheel with the engine off, and either have ID/insurance ready or ask before reaching into the glove box.

You mean like this guy did? :rolleyes:

His question as to why those who threaten cops are being singled out as opposed to those who threaten period is entirely valid. Police enjoy great leniency when they break the law, this cannot be denied. A few years ago, we had a cop here in my city who not only threatened a workplace shooting, but also stated he'd like to "Shoot someone to see how it feels". He made these threats in full earshot of other cops, but wasn't arrested.

It only came to light a year or so after when, after the cop in-question was arrested for assaulting his fiance, a FOI request from the local paper revealed a damning internal affairs report.

I won't link to it, as it would reveal personal information about where I live. You can PM me for a link to the story if you'd like.

Indeed, that is my question, and reasoning. Not saying all cops are bad, that's stupid. But there are quite a few bad ones out there, and they are protected simply for being a cop. You want a protected class? It's the police.

You mean like this guy did? :rolleyes:
The cop did wrong here, and he is being sent to prison as far as I know, but what did I just recommend?
Ducman69 said:
Break that down:
1) roll down your windows, keep your hands on the steering wheel with the engine off...
He quickly jumped out of the vehicle to face the cop
2) have ID/insurance ready
He did not have ID/insurance ready
3) ask before reaching into the glove box
He turned his back obscuring the WAY TOO JUMPY cop's view, reaching into the car (in the cop's mind possibly reaching for a firearm), all with rapid motion and no communication.

Again, the cop was completely at fault in this incident, but you just proved exactly why doing the exact OPPOSITE of what I recommended can get you into trouble. Realize that many cops will first and foremost always assume that you are a criminal that has a gun. Once they have verified you are not a criminal and don't have a gun, they will relax, not beforehand. They won't give you the benefit of the doubt and may be very jumpy if say two weeks earlier they attended another formal funeral for an officer that fell in the line of duty.

In what country do you live, where employers live in that kind of fear of their employees? Whoever taught you basic civics, imo you need to ask them for a refund. It's the right of the people to respond however they wish to any and all law enforcement, short of physical harm or clear threat of harm. Reaching into a glove box or console to get necessary documents and retrieve what everybody stores in their gloveboxes and consoles does not qualify as either activity, however much, somehow and strangely, I think you wish it did.

IMO always treat cops with respect, because a job that consists of interjecting yourself into the personal lives and conflicts of criminals, families and others is one of the toughest jobs in the world. But never, ever fear a cop. If you do, you have absolutely no clue what basic American freedom even is, and might as well live in Iran where fear of authorities is actually warranted.

From what that video showed, it seemed like he was surprised that the cop came along, as he got out of his vehicle. Not that the cop stopped him or anything to have a talk at him. If you look at the guy, he was getting out and then notices the cop. Then he was asked for his id, where he turned to get it. At first I think he was doing it too fast, but looking at it again, it wasn't even that fast or jumpy, it was just a natural turn.

Honestly, fuck that cop.

If a cop thinks your reaching for a weapon and tells you to get out of the car, you don't turn back to face the cop in under a second, with your hands around your waist.

pothb, the cop was already declared at fault and is facing criminal charges. But that doesn't change the fact that if he had followed my advice of staying inside your vehicle, roll all your windows down, keep your hands on the steering wheel, have your ID and insurance already ready he wouldn't have been shot regardless of fault.

If you're driving down the road and see a car heading straight for you going the wrong way down the road, you can slow your vehicle and pull to the side or declare that "I LIVE IN AMERICA GOD DAMMIT, AND IN AMERICA WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!" and die in a head on collision like a pig-headed fool. :D
In what country do you live, where employers live in that kind of fear of their employees? Whoever taught you basic civics, imo you need to ask them for a refund. It's the right of the people to respond however they wish to any and all law enforcement, short of physical harm or clear threat of harm.
What country do you live, where you can treat a cop like he's your employee? Next time you get pulled over, tell him you're his boss and he's fired, then jump out of your car, and quickly lurch into your vehicle to get some chewing gum.

Man, some people just can't take advice, lmao! Next time move to almost any latin American country or Thailand where the cops really are corrupt, and realize that the world isn't perfect, you can't control everyone else, but you can control your actions which have real world repercussions.

pothb, the cop was already declared at fault and is facing criminal charges. But that doesn't change the fact that if he had followed my advice of staying inside your vehicle, roll all your windows down, keep your hands on the steering wheel, have your ID and insurance already ready he wouldn't have been shot regardless of fault.

If you're driving down the road and see a car heading straight for you going the wrong way down the road, you can slow your vehicle and pull to the side or declare that "I LIVE IN AMERICA GOD DAMMIT, AND IN AMERICA WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!" and die in a head on collision like a pig-headed fool. :D

What country do you live, where you can treat a cop like he's your employee? Next time you get pulled over, tell him you're his boss and he's fired, then jump out of your car, and quickly lurch into your vehicle to get some chewing gum.
They're called public employees because that's precisely what they are. Ask one sometime. Who else provides their positions and pays their salaries?

To facilitate your straw man argument you responded to my comments about fear and simply ignored the ones about respect. The use of the latter precludes any need for the former, at least it's supposed to in our country.

Man, some people just can't take advice, lmao! Next time move to almost any latin American country or Thailand where the cops really are corrupt, and realize that the world isn't perfect, you can't control everyone else, but you can control your actions which have real world repercussions.[/QUOTE]It's what I said to you initially. If you live in any kind of fear of our law enforement you don't understand even the basics of American freedom.

It's a man thing to be afraid of and angry about police. You can probably trace that back to something broken inside some mens' brains. Maybe its a hormonal imbalance or a genetic thing. I think the ones that have the fear of authority also tend to have other problems as well and they need help, not forum ridicule. Despite the mental deficiency, I think it's possible for them to learn to become just as good as someone without the same issue.

Dude, the guy parked his car, and got out and was surprised to see the cop. How is he supposed to follow that advice, when he didn't even know the cop was following him, if he even were. A lot of cops like to sneak up on people, and expect to be treated like they were there all along.

If a cop thinks your reaching for a weapon and tells you to get out of the car, you don't turn back to face the cop in under a second, with your hands around your waist.

please explain how is a regular person (non-mind reader) supposed to know what the cop is thinking lol

I am almost always a bit startled when I see cops. They don't seem to like me very much so over the years I've developed it as a natural reaction. It's ironic because it's one of those things that draw them to me.

The cop did wrong here, and he is being sent to prison as far as I know, but what did I just recommend?

Break that down:
1) roll down your windows, keep your hands on the steering wheel with the engine off...
He quickly jumped out of the vehicle to face the cop
2) have ID/insurance ready
He did not have ID/insurance ready
3) ask before reaching into the glove box
He turned his back obscuring the WAY TOO JUMPY cop's view, reaching into the car (in the cop's mind possibly reaching for a firearm), all with rapid motion and no communication.

Again, the cop was completely at fault in this incident, but you just proved exactly why doing the exact OPPOSITE of what I recommended can get you into trouble. Realize that many cops will first and foremost always assume that you are a criminal that has a gun. Once they have verified you are not a criminal and don't have a gun, they will relax, not beforehand.
As shown previously what you've outlined here is no fail safe guide for anyone not being blown away by a trigger happy cop.

They won't give you the benefit of the doubt and may be very jumpy if say two weeks earlier they attended another formal funeral for an officer that fell in the line of duty.
You do realize that being a cop isn't anywhere near the most dangerous profession out there, right?

Back