10 Biggest Things That Will Happen With the Internet In 2015

I've never read so many pre-2014 buzzwords in one article. :D

The US major ISPs will still drag their feet except in areas where challenged by Google, data caps will remain a strong part of market strategy, lobbying will continue to get their version of the internet passed.

2015 will be like 2014 thanks to ISPs crippling the potential of our infrastructure with their monopoly.

After this years debacle regarding CC numbers theft, I really wished there was another more widely accepted and much more secure method of payment. Since corporate America - at least some black sheep - cannot seem to be preoccupied enough with the CC numbers entrusted to them, it's time there were means for each individual to take matters into their own hands.

Or AT THE VERY LEAST have chip and pin cards CCs be widely introduced.

Why even link to Business Insider articles. Notice how they always have zero comments. I wonder why.

More targeted advertizing is something to look forward to? The cloud again? Ugggg.

I've never read so many pre-2014 buzzwords in one article. :D

Indeed. I wasn't very impressed .... Felt they left out the things I really wanted to see.. FCC related and possibly something about how we are about to give DSL a big boost.

I think someone was 2 yrs behind when they wrote that. Maybe recycled from last year and changed the date on it.

2015 will be like 2014 thanks to ISPs crippling the potential of our infrastructure with their monopoly.
You could be wrong, if the Comcast / Time Warner merger goes through, we could find ourselves looking back to how good we had it back in 2014! I haven't forgotten their mention of wanting to move ALL customer accounts to bandwidth caps within the next 5 years:

http://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-may-impose-data-caps-on-all-customers-within-five-years/

Pay as you go!

You could be wrong, if the Comcast / Time Warner merger goes through, we could find ourselves looking back to how good we had it back in 2014! I haven't forgotten their mention of wanting to move ALL customer accounts to bandwidth caps within the next 5 years:

http://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-may-impose-data-caps-on-all-customers-within-five-years/

Pay as you go!

Looking forward to our politicians who are bought and paid for on both sides (Dem & Rep) buy big cable. Who will let this merger happen with almost no concessions from Comcast.
Blaming each other for the mess this will cause for consumers. :rolleyes:

Back