AMD Continues Its Legacy of Software Development Innovation

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced a significant update to its CodeXL unified tool suite for developers designed to accelerate applications running on AMD processors. CodeXL is AMD’s primary developer tool for generating detailed information about the real-world performance of AMD Central Processing Units (CPUs), Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). AMD CodeXL version 1.6 provides GPU profiling capabilities and API-level debugging for OpenCL™ 2.0 applications. CodeXL 1.6 also introduces a new advanced tool for profiling APU power consumption, which enables developers to reduce the power requirements of their application. These features significantly bolster the tools available to developers for creating applications on either Windows® or Linux® that take advantage of the inherent processing capability of heterogeneous system architecture (HSA).

AMD today announced a significant update to its CodeXL unified tool suite for developers designed to accelerate applications running on AMD processors. CodeXL is AMD’s primary developer tool for generating detailed information about the real-world performance of AMD Central Processing Units (CPUs), Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). AMD CodeXL version 1.6 provides GPU profiling capabilities and API-level debugging for OpenCL™ 2.0 applications. CodeXL 1.6 also introduces a new advanced tool for profiling APU power consumption, which enables developers to reduce the power requirements of their application. These features significantly bolster the tools available to developers for creating applications on either Windows® or Linux® that take advantage of the inherent processing capability of heterogeneous system architecture (HSA).

Sounds good but, how well does it work?

Well it analyse your AMD based system for about an hour... Then it tells you to newegg and buy an intel board, an intel i7 and a GTX980... :D

I read the title as "AMD Continues Its Legacy Software Development Innovation".

I was like... WAAH?

Back