Bose Wants To Launch A Streaming Music Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, Bose is interested in starting its own streaming music service.

Hypebot highlights a job listing for a senior designer that would help shape a "next generation streaming music platform" and a matching "ecosystem of products." Just what it would entail isn't clear, but the future recruit would ideally have experience at a big-name streaming service, whether it's Beats, Pandora or Spotify.

Why do companies do this shit when there's already a sea of competition or established brands.

HEY, LET'S MAKE A NEW VIDEO GAME CONSOLE...

They think they can do something better...?

Still waiting for the Bose car shocks to hit the market.

Still waiting for the Bose car shocks to hit the market.
This kind of suspension (magnetic fluid with its density controlled electronically) is already available in some Mercedes, McClaren MP14, etc. Even in an american car (forgot which one).

But that system is not cheap, so don't old your breath till it's in every car. Might take a few decade....

This kind of suspension (magnetic fluid with its density controlled electronically) is already available in some Mercedes, McClaren MP14, etc. Even in an american car (forgot which one).

But that system is not cheap, so don't old your breath till it's in every car. Might take a few decade....

I'm pretty sure the 'vette offers this. Maybe a few other GM vehicles too.

So Bose wants to release a steaming pile of a music service to go along with their steaming pile of speakers? Seems legit.

So Bose wants to release a steaming pile of a music service to go along with their steaming pile of speakers? Seems legit.

Hey, their Soundlink Mini is probably one of the best "mini" speakers i've heard. Wouldn't pay $200 for it though. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'll try it if it streams FLAC.

Lol, Have you ever seen a frequency response chart for any Bose product? The answer is a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bose won't print or allow their people to talk about specs. Hell, he even pays mystery shoppers to report back stores that hesitate to sell his products.

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose" has been around forever because it's the truth. Why on earth would you care about FLACK or even CD, it won't sound any better than the worst MP-3 ever made.

Dr. Bose is a genius though, he did recognize his market and has been playing to it since day one. Plus, he's still the only guy in the "audio" business that gets away with price fixing, but hey, it's your money:D

Lol, Have you ever seen a frequency response chart for any Bose product? The answer is a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bose won't print or allow their people to talk about specs. Hell, he even pays mystery shoppers to report back stores that hesitate to sell his products.

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose" has been around forever because it's the truth. Why on earth would you care about FLACK or even CD, it won't sound any better than the worst MP-3 ever made.

Dr. Bose is a genius though, he did recognize his market and has been playing to it since day one. Plus, he's still the only guy in the "audio" business that gets away with price fixing, but hey, it's your money:D

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

Actually, I'll try it if it streams FLAC.

It's Bose. It'll stream 192 that sounds like 96 and then they'll spend 250 million on an advertising campaign explaining why it sounds better than everyone else.

They're probably getting their asses kicked by the other pseudo-highend headphone company Beats and are now behind in BS marketing and streaming service

This seems like it's catered to Bose elitists who will buy anything they sell at whatever the cost. Not much different than Apple peddling their junk.

There are a couple of sets of triangle shaped Bose computer speakers here (maybe Companion 2?) and they aren't bad at all. They are probably the best speakers in the building - though my 15 year old Klipsch Promedias are better.

One, I'm sick of every company trying to sell me on services. No, fuck off, I'll buy good products but I'll never pay you for an ongoing service for an item that I can technically own. Instead of installing office ms wants to have you run it from the cloud. Cable companies want to sell you "DVR service" as if the box requires it to work. I'm fed up with it.. Wtf happened to making a good product and selling it.

Two, Bose sucks IMO. They're like beats audio. All marketing.

Bose has hands down the best noise cancelling technology out of any other speakers out there.
Bose's problem is not that they're not that good, its just everyone else finally caught up to them, you know, like Blackberry and iPhone.
You know, to me, nothing beats the sound of paper speakers, polyurethane just doesn't sound as crisp to me. Sure, magnets and enclosures make a difference as well and should be factored in to your buying decisions, but if I've got the option I go paper.
Love, crazy audiophile.

Back