Skype Translator Preview Is Live

meh to the article -- but the girl in the middle of the preview pic in the youtube video, looks like she has one of those tiny "alien" mouths inside her mouth... just sayin'.

This will help the Russian Brides websites even more interactive!

No, but seriously that's darn awesome! Wonder when Google will roll out their version or is it already in something?

Also this would be great for gaming. DOTA 2, Brazilian players on USA servers, etc would be prime examples of usefulness for this technology.

Also this would be great for gaming. DOTA 2, Brazilian players on USA servers, etc would be prime examples of usefulness for this technology.

Not yet, seeing as they speak Portuguese in Brazil.

The Star Trek Intergalactic Translator is nearing completion.

Exciting, I know not all see this as that great, but to have real time conversations and in the near future supporting the more common tongues is what this world could really use. There are already a few other applications like this one for cell phones that are almost at this same point. This opens up the world to faster development between countries. I already work with people globally and well yes almost all of them speak English its much easier sometimes for each person in their own language to convey things better.

Look forward to what is to come.

Well I was making the assumption that it would be updated to include more languages in the future.

All I'm seeing is backpedaling from your atrocious ignorance and bigotry towards the underprivileged and oppressed Brazilian peoples.

In all seriousness, what happened to this tech? Wasn't it bought by Google?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs

I seem to remember a japanese to english translator that did voice from google too, I think?

Maybe I'm out of touch but the way all those kids were smiling in that video seemed a bit unnatural, like they got the kids in schools to do this for a commercial and told them all to smile big for the cameras and they couldn't stop, even when talking.

I would have thought there'd be an App or two out there that did translations though.

Back