Street Fighter V Confirmed PS4/PC Exclusive

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Capcom made the official announcement last night that the next installment of the long running Street Fighter franchise is in the works. Capcom was playing catchup due a leaked trailer on the previous day. The big news and about the only news about Street Fighter 5 is it will be exclusive to the PS4 and PC platforms and will support cross-platform play. No other details were made available.

Oh sure, on a button mashing side-fighter where you can't use a mouse, they allow the PC master race to play against the PS4 peasants, but if it were a shooter, suddenly no such option. Mmmmhmmm...

BTW, looks like Chun Li still has monstrously sized Truckasaurus man hands.

My first thought was is anyone going to care. but then I looked at the sales figures. It sold 8 million copies between the 4 versions of the game. Although that could be some people buying all the various versions. But that would still be a few million people.

Street Fighter IV is unplayable because of its art direction. Who the hell wants to play a Chinese cartoon?

Make it 2D again, where the animation style would actually make sense.

I gotta say that it is refreshing how they portray girls in Japanese games. Sure they kick ass, but they have those feminine qualities along with those cute school girl sounds.

I never was a SF fan, but I hope that we get a new Dead or Alive game out for the XB1 at some point.

I gotta say that it is refreshing how they portray girls in Japanese games.
Eskimos have fifty words for snow, but Japanese have fifty words for rape. Not sure we want to look to the Japanese for "empowered but feminine" ladies, as most of the time they are tentacle fodder or jailbait with mecha-armor.

Street Fighter IV is unplayable because of its art direction. Who the hell wants to play a Chinese cartoon?

k. you are right, it was a complete failure because everyone thought this. :p

not just her, but everyone and everything looks disproportionate now. it's just... off. it looks like they robbed the stage of width and depth while making ryu (a martial artist) look as chunky as the hulk (a mutant)...

According to this, rape isn't actually very common in Japan. Way less than the US.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Japan/United-States/Crime

You are absolutely correct. Just because some perv created a game called RapeLay does not mean that the Japanese are all about raping girls as a culture. They simply have a different idealization of their ideal girl which I often find refreshing. Also do not forget that it was the Japanese who pretty much perfected what we refer to as "titty physics" which the Dead of Alive series pretty much mastered.

According to this, rape isn't actually very common in Japan. Way less than the US.

Japan_US_Size.png

Size of japan(red) compared to the U.S

Lots of other factors to consider especially they japanese society and how women are treated there.

not sure why pc, but probably because of the smoother possible framerate?
No reason except to deny xbox. Funny considering Xbox 360 version of sf X Tek, UMvC3 and SSF:IV ran more consistent and better than ps3 version which is why it was preferred for tournaments. Not only was the 360 version 2 frames faster than the ps3 but it didn't hang on some stages like the ps3 would, which is why outside of sponsorships ps3 wasn't used for tournaments. So does this mean capcom can finally program for playstation or playstation just buying out fighting games like they try to appear at Evo.

Street Fighter 5 announcement to a debate about the definition of rape...in less than 10 posts

Reported rape and rape are two different things. There is also a difference between what is rape and what isn't in different countries. In Japan rape is only when there is vaginal penetration by a penis. So if you finger a woman against her will that is not rape, if you penetrate her with a bottle that is not rape, if her force her into anal is not rape, if you force her to give you oral that is not rape. That is another reason there is less of it, they don't consider stuff that we would to be sexual assault or rape.

In that culture certain things can and do happen that woman just have to accept and go on with. Just like woman in India have to accept that rape "didn't really happen".

No reason except to deny xbox. Funny considering Xbox 360 version of sf X Tek, UMvC3 and SSF:IV ran more consistent and better than ps3 version which is why it was preferred for tournaments. Not only was the 360 version 2 frames faster than the ps3 but it didn't hang on some stages like the ps3 would, which is why outside of sponsorships ps3 wasn't used for tournaments. So does this mean capcom can finally program for playstation or playstation just buying out fighting games like they try to appear at Evo.

They gave Microsoft Dead Rising, since they can't afford to make up a new series they just needed to give one to Sony.

3000 hours on SSF:IV looking forward to throwing 3000 more at this one. They better bring back some of the old roster.

Well technically it's not a PS4/PC exclusive because there will still be a Street Fighter V for arcades. lol

Although arcades aren't exactly "alive and well" over there, the other side of the Pacific.

Size of japan(red) compared to the U.S

Lots of other factors to consider especially they japanese society and how women are treated there.

Comparing landmass size is stupid. Crime statistics should be compared based on population. I would adjust the statistics linked to relate to population... but most of them already are by population making your point totally incorrect.

Are you?... Have you seen Chun-Li's nipples? That makes my dick ROCK HARD!

But seriously the game looks fine.

Probably because the western worlds does a lot of PC gaming. In Japan the idea of gaming on your PC is strange to them. Also PC gaming is not seen as competition to game consoles and so exclusives are allowed on PC. But as PC gamers we know better. ;)

I couldn't roll my eye's harder if I'd pulled them out of the sockets then dropped them off the Ski ramp at Lillehammer.

should have just made it a PS4 exclusive, kinda out of place to make it a PC/PS4 exclusive quite honestly.

I'm sure XB1 will get Street Fighter V Super Hyper Turbo Evo Alpha 2 Championship Edition within a year or two.

this game needs an actual update. I feel like its the same graphics every release... like no excuse why it cant be near photorealistic by now....I guess they want to keep it acrady forever.

hey capcom

how about dragon's dogma 2 with coop?

please and thank you.

So far out of my Steam library the only games that aren't ported to linux are Dark Souls 1&2, Magicka, Orcs Must Die! 2, SiN, Skyrim, and Metro 2033. Not bad, but does need more cowbell.

Surprisingly Blizzard still hasn't ported their games to linux, though I currently don't play any.

Oh sure, on a button mashing side-fighter where you can't use a mouse, they allow the PC master race to play against the PS4 peasants, but if it were a shooter, suddenly no such option. Mmmmhmmm...

Did you really just call Street Fighter a button masher? You probably couldn't have picked a game more wrong for that label. Hell even button mashing in Smash Bros. will see you get your ass handed to you 9/10 against even semi-skilled players, let alone something like Street Fighter. To hear that in 2014... I guess the game's only been around 23 years.

Check out EVO or stick to FPS.

I'm not a fan of the artstyle in SF IV, though I've grown indifferent at least to it now, and don't get my wrong I'd definitely prefer to see it back in 2D again, but are you suggesting that the game is unplayable because it's in (ugly) 3D?

The art might be 3D but it still plays in 2D. Mortal Kombat and even Smash Bros. seem to play fine in 2D despite being rendered in 3D. So unappealing in 3D maybe to some but certainly not unplayable. Plus with everything being 3D, the ease of asset reuse (SF4 to SFxT) and the general lower priority of Street Fighter for Capcom as a franchise now (only really above Mega Man, though Re seems on the wane now) I don't think realistically we can expect them to release another all new game in 2D for some time, given the success of SF IV
and MvC3, outlier days of SF in 3D for stuff like SF EX seem over.

Besides, though good graphics are always nice but any FG knows it's all about the gameplay anyway.

Street Fighter has lost it for a while ago. In the 3 version of 3 I did well in .1 and .2, .3 I always felt like I was missing some of the mechanics. SF4 was just no longer Street Fighter. The art was actually not that bad in the CG, in game the brushed effects looks a bit bad on the texture side sometimes. However from the sounds to the combo system, they just completely lost what it was. No wonder as just about everyone that worked on it has left.

Don't get me started on their destruction of the vs. games too.

P.S. What happen to the mods of the forums? This use to be one of the best moderated forums I belong to.

The problem with this game is that the game just dies out on Steam. I play SF4 and I never find a match on Steam. No one plays it...

However if I pop it back on xbox, I'll get 30-40 matches.

Let me break out my joystick and start getting it ready for this.

The problem with this game is that the game just dies out on Steam. I play SF4 and I never find a match on Steam. No one plays it...

However if I pop it back on xbox, I'll get 30-40 matches.

Let me break out my joystick and start getting it ready for this.

Cross play between consoles brah. Steam version won't be dead for the Xboners out there.

Why not? Everything else is now, and it's not like it's at the expense of coming to a console.

Most of the time I play almost everything on PC now whether it's from Steam or emulated and it's annoying to need to switch systems for 3rd party games.

It's the only place to play online for free now (which is nice) and pretty much any modern controller, 360/One, PS3/PS4 and official MadCatz pads and sticks hook up to PC via USB just fine out of the box or with little hassle. And with the increasing proliferation of HTPCs (/Steam Big Picture Mode) and easy PC to TV hookups, you're really not missing out on anything playing on PC, if anything you could gain something (no need to replace my expensive 360 MadCatz fightsticks with arbitrary DRM'd Xbox One versions on PC, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate that).

Not to mention SF IV (several versions), Mortal Kombat (9) Komplete, Street Fighter X Tekken, King of Fighters XIII and Skull Girls have all already released on Steam and seem to have done fairly well. It's just unfortunate that Capcom hasn't ported MVC3 (license expired, I think) and their remastered PSN/Live releases of SF2 HD Remix, 3rd Strike, MVC1/X-Men X Street Fighter and Darkstalkers.

If anything, it's Namco that needs to get it together and start releasing Tekken and Soul Calibur on Steam/PC, when I mean hell, not just Capcom but even Neatherrealm and SNK of all companies have already done it.

Capcom is just getting with the times, that's only a good thing. Now hopefully this time we won't see another staggered release for the PC port 6 months after the console versions again.

If anything, it's Namco that needs to get it together and start releasing Tekken and Soul Calibur on Steam/PC, when I mean hell, not just Capcom but even Neatherrealm and SNK of all companies have already done it.

Tekken 7 has already been announced as coming to the PC. I think Soul Calibur (unless you also want to count Killer Instinct) is the only series now without some type of semi-recent or upcoming representation on the PC.

Back