Amazon Wants You To Shop On The Toilet

HardOCP News

[H] News
One third of the people surveyed said they used their smartphone in the bathroom. The other two thirds are liars.

The company did its research, of course. As part of the publicity for this project, the company’s Charmin brand released the results of a survey where one-third of respondents said that they use their smartphones in the bathroom, and a surprising number of those (13%) say that they’ve bought household goods on their phones while sitting on the toilet. Like we said: multi-tasking!

In unrelated news, hospitals have seen an uptick in the number of cases of conjuctivitis. :D

Where I work, the toilet stalls in the washrooms are the new 21st century "phone booths". Sometimes I just want to kick the door in and throw these people off the can so I can get my business done. :D

I despise people who talk on the phone in the bathroom. I've hung up on people who call me from one. There is nothing more inconsiderate as far as I'm concerned.

I switch between cell phone and tablet use, although I never call people while taking a shit.

I was actually impressed recently on a business trip to Chicago, went to a bar and in the restroom some dude was pissing and texting at the same time. Apparently there is no bad time to text these days.

No kidding. There is no way in hell only 1/3 of people use their smartphones on the toilet.

Being able to use it while on the toilet is pretty much the main reason why I own a smartphone.

In a semi-related matter: does anyone else remember that Seinfeld episode where George brings the book into the bathroom and it is forever branded a bathroom book? Do you think people act the same way when purchasing a used smart phone?

So would that make it.... "Shit, Shop, Shower, Shave and Shampoo"? :p

People bringing ANYTHING to toilets are disgusting.

People bringing ANYTHING to toilets are disgusting.

I normally bring myself, my clothes I am wearing, everything in my pockets. Of course, I am going there as I need to bring either urine or shit to leave there. which I carry inside of myself.

where does your logic work on that?

Truth: I ordered toilet paper from Amazon while on the throne. Amazon so owns me.

What Amazon is really gearing towards are IMPULSE shoppers.

They don't want the guys that go to camelcamelcamel.com, setup price alerts for stuff, and wait for it to hit some all-time low before they buy, or generally do a lot of research to see if some other seller has it cheaper.

That's what the one-click ordering is about, the move for same-day shipping, and that new microphone device that listens to you and in the future will surely be designed to fulfill orders.

Thats where a lot of businesses make bank. Its that crap by the register, that has a cost of 20 cents that they sell for $1 that makes a lot of mula.

One thing though, phone must be put up before wiping occurs and nothing touches the wiping hand till soap/water have been utilized...

Ha, I don't fucking touch my phone when I'm using the toilet. That's hella gross. Phone stays in my pocket until I am done, wash my hands, and walk the fuck out of the bathroom. At home, I don't even bring my phone with me into the bathroom.

Not at a urinal (or peeing at a regular toilet,) but when I know I'm going to be "sitting down for a while," I definitely break out the smartphone. I do make sure to use one hand only for the phone - the hand *NOT* in use for the restroom duties... (I've had cases where I've accidentally put my phone in the pocket on the other side from normal, and had to give up as I couldn't reach it with the clean hand.)

I find it's gross that people use their devices on the toilet. From the point you touched the toilet, or wiped or did any such action, to the point you wash your hands(hopefully) touching the device will "contaminate" it. Then later on you are using your device again while eating or you put your finger in your eye to scratch etc... just gross. Keep that stuff out of the bathroom. And for stuff like magazines that are in the bathroom, they should stay there.

I guess I'm just more conscious about that stuff after having worked in a hospital and learning the importance of infection control.

I find it's gross that people use their devices on the toilet. From the point you touched the toilet, or wiped or did any such action, to the point you wash your hands(hopefully) touching the device will "contaminate" it. Then later on you are using your device again while eating or you put your finger in your eye to scratch etc... just gross. Keep that stuff out of the bathroom. And for stuff like magazines that are in the bathroom, they should stay there.

I guess I'm just more conscious about that stuff after having worked in a hospital and learning the importance of infection control.
Or you suck at logistics! :p

1) Sit down on toilet
2) Take phone out of pocket while pinching out a deuce
3) Browse amazon while taking your time, don't want to blow an o-ring
4) Put phone back in pocket
5) Wipe your crack using toilet paper
6) Wash your hands

At no point is your cellphone "contaminated" compared to any other time of day you use it. Unless you religiously have explosive diarrhea that splashes out of the bowl and contaminates a four foot wide area and you have to take a shower and wash your clothes after.

Or you suck at logistics! :p

1) Sit down on toilet
2) Take phone out of pocket while pinching out a deuce
3) Browse amazon while taking your time, don't want to blow an o-ring
4) Put phone back in pocket
5) Wipe your crack using toilet paper
6) Wash your hands

At no point is your cellphone "contaminated" compared to any other time of day you use it. Unless you religiously have explosive diarrhea that splashes out of the bowl and contaminates a four foot wide area and you have to take a shower and wash your clothes after.

+1

Your contaminating your phone no more or less than you would contaminate your clothing. Actually your pants are the MOST contaminated, sitting on the floor where someone has probably pissed and missed the bowl or splash long before you ever showed up.

Let's not get into the fine details of what is really disgusting and what's not, though, suffice to say looking at your cell phone taking a shit is not the grossest thing in the world.

The only time I've used a phone in the bathroom was to take a picture of my shit to send to my friend.

I switch between cell phone and tablet use, although I never call people while taking a shit.

I was actually impressed recently on a business trip to Chicago, went to a bar and in the restroom some dude was pissing and texting at the same time. Apparently there is no bad time to text these days.

I have definitely done this while drunk off my ass...I also dropped the phone in the urinal due to the aforementioned intoxication. Needless to say, I had a new phone the next day. :D

I routinely hear kids chatting away with friends while dropping a deuce in the can in the restrooms at work. Strange behavior. Buying crap off Spamazon while you're on the can I can see, but carrying on a conversation?

Your contaminating your phone no more or less than you would contaminate your clothing. Actually your pants are the MOST contaminated, sitting on the floor where someone has probably pissed and missed the bowl or splash long before you ever showed up.

Let's not get into the fine details of what is really disgusting and what's not, though, suffice to say looking at your cell phone taking a shit is not the grossest thing in the world.

All the while, your toothbrush sitting 5 feet away is probably covered in even more fecal bacteria by area than your clothing or phone.

The fact that some of you need to sit on the toilet long enough to "need" something to distract you is rather telling about your diet or your add. I honestly don't remember the last time I sat on the toilet more than 3 minutes. I can't think of any phone call or text message or web browsing I needed that was so critical it couldn't wait that long.

Seriously, Stop being disgusting and rude people.

3 minutes? You either spent a lot of time in the military, or are female. Those are the only two categories of people that have the magical ability to complete any activity that involves sitting on the can in under 3 minutes. :D

My cell phone has pretty much replaced my #2 bathroom reading magazines, I still like to pick up my bathroom reading stash once in a while, feels more fulfilling than looking at my phone.

Browsing the web while sitting on the can is the only time I get to myself some days...

The fact that some of you need to sit on the toilet long enough to "need" something to distract you is rather telling about your diet or your add. I honestly don't remember the last time I sat on the toilet more than 3 minutes. I can't think of any phone call or text message or web browsing I needed that was so critical it couldn't wait that long.

Seriously, Stop being disgusting and rude people.

When you've got 3 little boys who demand your time when you get home, and you need a "break", 15 minutes in the can is bliss. :D

When you've got 3 little boys who demand your time when you get home, and you need a "break", 15 minutes in the can is bliss. :D

I can understand the need for a break, but in the can? :eek: Eww.

Apparently alot of people need one of these in the bathroom :D

4da6f8060903ab18fe50acaf2c878635.jpg

I have an iPad and charger in the Can. What's the big deal :)

3 minutes? You either spent a lot of time in the military, or are female. Those are the only two categories of people that have the magical ability to complete any activity that involves sitting on the can in under 3 minutes. :D

I spent time in the military, this magical 3 minute shitting ability never manifested itself. Not even in basic.

My actual poop takes less than a minute. Wiping on the other hand... 5-10.... 15? #hairyassproblems. Though sometimes it feels like there's more coming so I might sit a bit before wiping just to see.

Back