Comcast Forgets To Delete Revealing Note From Blog Post

HardOCP News

[H] News
Stuff like this always makes me laugh. The only person I feel sorry for is the one that gets fired over this error of honesty.

Earlier today, Comcast published a blog post to criticize the newly announced coalition opposing its merger with Time Warner Cable and to cheer about the FCC’s decision to restart the “shot clock” on that deal. But someone at Kabletown is probably getting a stern talking-to right now, after an accidental nugget of honesty made its way into that post.

If this merger goes through people need to get angry and rise up.

Just going to post these here.

South-Park-Makes-Fun-Of-Comcast-Timewarner-Cable.jpg

144432_600.jpg

cable-time-warner-comcast-650-430.jpg

Oh what a mess things are in this country. In 10 years who knows where we'll be?

Oh what a mess things are in this country. In 10 years who knows where we'll be?

Still probably worrying about 1st would issues like cable when half the planet is wondering where the next meal is coming from.

Still probably worrying about 1st would issues like cable when half the planet is wondering where the next meal is coming from.

Doubtful. With the lacking education and science standards I worry our children will be flipping burgers for Chinese CEOs, probably would dream of affording crappy cable with the money they take to their shanty shacks.

Doubtful. With the lacking education and science standards I worry our children will be flipping burgers for Chinese CEOs, probably would dream of affording crappy cable with the money they take to their shanty shacks.

Thats just white guilt.

The reality is we will just cement the new caste system, we've replaced nobility with boards of directors, dictators with lobby groups and capitalism with corporatism. Race will hardly br a factor, it will just be have and have not.

In about 5 years, we will have bigger fish to fry. Famine, plagues and all sorts of nasty stuff is on the way.

Enjoy your crumbling paradise. It's not going to last.

Their argument is that there is no reason to worry about loss of competition because there is no competition now. You would think that kind of argument would hurt them.

They are admitting that there already is no competition so might as well make it even more impossible for anyone to compete. The US so called free market is about as free as the democratic republic of North Korea is a democracy. There is no choice!

I bet a lot of people who are in their 30s now will be 10 years older and will be sitting around complaining about how awful things are and how everything is going to be a lot worse in 10 more years. It's just a thing older people have to do to feel better about not being around to see how much things are pretty much the same and feel like they're gonna miss out because of their age.

No question but that the "Consumerist" is jumping on the Comcast bandwagon for page hits. The text says absolutely nothing except that they want to analyze the government spreadsheet data completely--which of course is just common sense. Wow, huge crime there. How dare they, the scallywags! Yesterday, I read from the same site about some lines written in an FCC document that the site attributed to Comcast--even though though Comcast wasn't named--and it was plain to see that the information did not, in fact, concern Comcast--but was information dealing strictly with wireless bandwidth caps.

I'm grateful I don't have Comcast, actually, and I live in an area where there is thankfully some choice other than Comcast/AT&T. But I was a Comcast customer years ago, and except for the lack of bandwidth available past 6Mbs down, I had few complaints. But the Comcast service I had then pales in contrast with the current service I have through a local Cogent ISP--50Mbs/down & up, 720P TV, and unlimited land-line phone (I have cell & landline) for *half* of Comcast's fees for the same type of package. But I am sitting 75-feet from a fiber node, too.

I oppose the merger, but not because I ignorantly support people in the FCC who want to see the the Internet turned into the next long-distance Ma Bell (like that idiot who signed his name on that really dumb FCC letter to Netflix that I saw yesterday.) I won't personally favor any further expansion by Comcast until they bring up at least 90% of their existing infrastructure to ~50Mb/sec down at their current pricing levels--and it's unfortunate that Comcast has such a problem understanding why the company needs to do this.

If the government truly wants to be useful in this matter, as opposed to being stupid and dictatorial, it will tell Comcast that it must bring up its infrastructure dramatically before any further expansion mergers will be approved. Unfortunately, however, I have no say-so in this matter...;) But that's the problem with government--give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile.

I bet a lot of people who are in their 30s now will be 10 years older and will be sitting around complaining about how awful things are and how everything is going to be a lot worse in 10 more years. It's just a thing older people have to do to feel better about not being around to see how much things are pretty much the same and feel like they're gonna miss out because of their age.

Valid observation...in every generation it's the young people the politicians prey upon for votes, and most politicians are adroit liars (lawyers, really) and love to spin doom & gloom yarns to capture the electorate's attention. Fortunately, this is a vulnerability that almost everyone grows out of eventually...

The only "mess" I see is the mess in Washington, DC, created by the unholy combination of a loony mainstream press (which has always been loony) & idiot politicians (a certain percentage of whom have always been loony, too.) Same-old, same-old. Really, the only thing young people should fear is the temptation to take the "mess" seriously...;)

Take the Ebola "mess," for instance. In a matter of days the press went from, "We're all gonna' die!!!" to "What's Ebola?"....No matter how much things seem to change, they always remain the same.

Valid observation...in every generation it's the young people the politicians prey upon for votes, and most politicians are adroit liars (lawyers, really) and love to spin doom & gloom yarns to capture the electorate's attention. Fortunately, this is a vulnerability that almost everyone grows out of eventually...

The only "mess" I see is the mess in Washington, DC, created by the unholy combination of a loony mainstream press (which has always been loony) & idiot politicians (a certain percentage of whom have always been loony, too.) Same-old, same-old. Really, the only thing young people should fear is the temptation to take the "mess" seriously...;)

Take the Ebola "mess," for instance. In a matter of days the press went from, "We're all gonna' die!!!" to "What's Ebola?"....No matter how much things seem to change, they always remain the same.
Well 7 billion people, an economy and food production system that can't exist without cheap oil, and the highest deforestation in recorded history is a little different...

What I wonder about is what does "...in census blocks..." mean? My first thought is areas in which there is some sort of merger/competition review going on. So Comcast only cares about mentioning loss of competition if someone will find out about it... I think its safe to assume everyone downplays negatives int heir best interest so of course they will create "nuanced" comments about them...

Then again it probably is just a general term for service areas...

Can we stop comparing ourselves to people who live in 3rd world countries? Yea I get it, they're unfortunate, but it's not like the situation just happens to be like that for them. The situation that happens in those areas are like that because they give a shit.

They live in deserts or at least are depicted that way. Guess what grows in deserts? NOT FOOD! Then there's their ability to adopt technology and science. Typically these are people that put more importance on religion which creates conflicts and wars. Then there's understanding in how diseases works. Some cultures believe that by having sex you can cure your illness. Then there's their ability to use birth control.

I'm not comparing myself to them. They live that way cause THEY WANT TO.

Yes, because by your logic things can never get worse, right?

Your attitude smacks of smug foolish comfort. Just because things have worked out OK (for you) since you've been alive doesn't mean everything will always be fine. I'm not a paranoid nut that is all doom and gloom, but then again I never said I was but you clearly saw fit to assume.

Apparently the mass mergers into more monopolies and "too big to fail" companies doesn't strike you as a bad thing. It will all always work out right? Wrong. By your statements the Dark Ages could never have happened. Rome won't ever fall, right? What about the Great Depression? Or the dust bowl? Or Auschwitz? Or the people dying of Ebola in Africa right now?

The fact is, sir, that our educational rankings have slipped, our financial situation isn't good, many politicians are crooked (yes this isn't new, this 30 something knows that, thanks) the Earth can only support so many people with limited resources, and if you pump enough shit into the air yes eventually you will fuck it up.

Keep your hands over your ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA" and hope the status quo holds out until your body gives out if you want, those of us who are informed and concerned citizens will continue to take things seriously.

Because if you're not in a position where worrying about your next meal is a reality, then worrying about everything else is silly.

Well 7 billion people, an economy and food production system that can't exist without cheap oil, and the highest deforestation in recorded history is a little different...

Hey alright, someone else who isn't a resident of Candy Land!

Because if you're not in a position where worrying about your next meal is a reality, then worrying about everything else is silly.

QFT. The next person to mention "first world problems" deserves to get laid out.

We live in the first world. Continually "being responsible" and "putting our problems in perspective" is fucking irritating, heatlesssun.

Thats just white guilt.

The reality is we will just cement the new caste system, we've replaced nobility with boards of directors, dictators with lobby groups and capitalism with corporatism. Race will hardly br a factor, it will just be have and have not.

Stop being racist, seriously, it goes both ways. This issue has nothing to do with race at all... America is in deep shit thanks to our failings due to obama's election.

Stop being racist, seriously, it goes both ways. This issue has nothing to do with race at all... America is in deep shit thanks to our failings due to obama's election.

Obama? Seriously Obama? Last I remembered it was Georgy Bush that screwed us over. Is Obama helping? NOPE! Cause even he can be bought with money.

Fix money in politics. Got Republicans going around saying idiocy like "less government". How about less bribery in politics you fucking tools? Why isn't lobbying illegal still?

Back