Destiny Patch Fixes More Stuff

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a new patch out for Destiny today. The patch fixes stuff Bungie broke with its last patch and adds a few things I think high level players will like. Hit the link for the complete list.

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

I noticed you can now use marks to buy materials BUT, true to form, Bungie removed the ability to sell mats for marks. :confused:

Not sure if this is going to help with connectivity issues at all, you guys will have to chime in with your experiences.

I personally find it too late, I have already gotten bored with the game and stopped playing it months ago.

No nerf bat in this update?
I noticed you can now use marks to buy materials BUT, true to form, Bungie removed the ability to sell mats for marks. :confused:

Not sure if this is going to help with connectivity issues at all, you guys will have to chime in with your experiences.
Actually... this sounds like a swing of the nerf bat.

This update made the game worse for me as opposed to more enjoyable. Mats for marks and now you need "exotic shards" to upgrade. I knew they liked high end players but I don't see a reason to screw casual players. Exotic shard only obtainable by breaking down existing exotic gear, or paying 7 strange coins to Xur who only appears on Friday and Saturday. They made exotics too time consuming for me to want to play the game anymore. Thanks Bungie, I was getting sick of your grind machine anyways.

This update made the game worse for me as opposed to more enjoyable. Mats for marks and now you need "exotic shards" to upgrade. I knew they liked high end players but I don't see a reason to screw casual players. Exotic shard only obtainable by breaking down existing exotic gear, or paying 7 strange coins to Xur who only appears on Friday and Saturday. They made exotics too time consuming for me to want to play the game anymore. Thanks Bungie, I was getting sick of your grind machine anyways.

They made everything too much of a grind and couple the fact that you have to know people to do the higher level dailies and the raid is ridiculous.

I didn't even want to take the time to get past lvl 21 because the end game was borderline unattainable to me.

Not sure how anybody can play this game. I played the demo over the thanksgiving break and was bored out of my mind. Please let me know when they release a patch to make the game not suck...

For now I'm going back to Dragon Age. Until they can make a MMO (shooter or otherwise) not a horrible grind fest, I'll stick to just plain RPGs. I got my grind on once with WoW, back in the day. Been there, done that.

Here comes the Garbage Man taking away my copy of Destiny best day ever.

They reduced the upgrade steps necessary to max out the upgrades for an exotic, and made it so only the final upgrade requires an exotic shard. That means you can literally upgrade an exotic to 90% upgraded without any ascendant materials and only just the standard upgrade mats like relic iron, etc. I'd say the patch is actually a buff for casual players, since you can get any exotic upgraded almost all the way without stepping into a raid, and fully upgraded after getting some coins and buying the shard from xur.

Back