Hackers Spread Pop-Ups Across News Sites

No, you can't. But for most users anything that is outside of what they expect their computer is being "hacked". Hard drive crash? Hacked. Downloaded and installed malware? Hacked. Gave remote access to stranger? Hacked.

No, you can't. But for most users anything that is outside of what they expect their computer is being "hacked". Hard drive crash? Hacked. Downloaded and installed malware? Hacked. Gave remote access to stranger? Hacked.

truth

Although this is DNS redirection if it were BGP hijacking via a smaller more preferred route it would be a hack since they could steal credentials or implant zero day malware.

Hack (hacked, hacking, hacker) is another one of those words like terrorism, it gets applied to everything for shock value. Every branch of media is just awash with a stoic sense of duty these days.

Kohls.com was hit by this on Wednesday night. Went to a Twitter site. I was pissed because my wife asked me to fix it!

I know nothing about programming, i.e. code security, but it's time for some updated measures to prevent all that crap happening. There's been too much of this crap going on lately.

Back