Google Predicts What You Are Getting for Christmas

HardOCP News

[H] News
Could you imagine what you'd get for Christmas if your search results determined your present? Yikes!

To get a sense of the hottest gifts likely to sell out this season, we used Google Trends to identify the top trending toys, devices and apparel searches on Google Shopping. Game consoles and tablets continue to be the top gifts trending on Google Shopping, but wearable technology such as the “fitbit” is also on the rise this month. Certain retro toys are making a comeback this season. Thanks to the new movie “Ouija,” searches for “Ouija boards” are up 300% since October. And queries for “Barbie Dream House” and “My Little Pony” are up as well compared to last month.

Cold-weather staples, such as “Hunter boots” and “Canada Goose jackets,” are among the most popular apparel searches, up 46% and 140%, respectively, since October. But “jogger pants” are the newcomer gift this season, up 39% from October. 7

Can people stop dressing like shit, thanks.

I guess I'm part of the problem, I had to google "jogger pants" just to see what the hell they were.

I'm pretty sure I'd end up with an old laptop, a few random things like mouse pads and coffee mugs with alphabet soup government agency logos on them, and a giant rainbow slide that reaches a hundred miles into the sky the enter an extra-dimensional portal into a universe that dispenses lots and lots of cats. But Google is creepy so whatever, no thanks.

google is so kind to you! i'm only getting the clap

True...and here it is now:

baby.gif

Back