Newegg - Black Friday Thread

[L]imey;1041257197 said:
Sadly still no 970 sales :(

R9 290 is $199 after MIR. Great bang for the buck. I may jump on this after wife PO approval. Too good to pass up. I'll be upgrading from a Radeon 6870...

Last edited:
That is a great deal, but I'm building a small form factor box this year, and the primary draw of the 970 is the horsepower without the heat.

If you can make the 290 work, then it's a steal :)

[L]imey;1041257208 said:
That is a great deal, but I'm building a small form factor box this year, and the primary draw of the 970 is the horsepower without the heat.

If you can make the 290 work, then it's a steal :)

If you don't need the full power of a 970, there are some great deals on "itx' (short) 270x's.....it's not a 970, but is pretty small & should be around the same tdp, I think.

What's a good price on about a ~500GB SSD? NewEgg had a PNY 480gb for $169 after MIR. Ratings were not the best.
I have a 120gb right now. I'm tired of cleaning up space and making links.

There's actually a lot of good deals in there, unfortunately most of them require MIR.

Great memory deals. I may jump on another purchase tomorrow.

Zotac GT 630 for $30, BD Burner for $35.

HDD's have a decent reduction in price, although at the end of the year I think 3TB drives are going to be sub $100 so I'm not interested in anymore.

I bought the Intel 730 Series 480gb ssd for $188, just add another $1.50 item to make the total order over $200, then use Visa checkout + Visa Promocode NAFVC25

Ordered a little over $1700 worth of stuff, some of which I actually need. But the rebate form for Rosewill ARC 450 is still missing (the HIVE 550 had been missing when I ordered, but has since been fixed).

Think I may take the MSI R9 290x Lightning for $370 shipped with $30 MIR. I've wanted that card since it dropped back in the spring. Can't make myself pull the trigger on a 970 because of all the coil whine issues. http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-127-787

No coil whine with my 970 but that 290X will probably end up faster than a 970 when overclocking is factored in for both cards. loosely saying that of course since overclocking is a crapshoot. Good deal on that 290X.

Anyone else experiencing slow shipping from Newegg this week?

I placed an order Monday morning that still hasn't shipped. Item is in stock.

I did contact Newegg, but they weren't able to tell me anything other than "still in packaging".

I realize it's BF week, but the order was charged on Monday morning, so seems like it would have made it through the system by now.

Egg saver shipping can be irritatingly slow sometimes. You will get it eventually.

Anyone else experiencing slow shipping from Newegg this week?

I placed an order Monday morning that still hasn't shipped. Item is in stock.

I did contact Newegg, but they weren't able to tell me anything other than "still in packaging".

I realize it's BF week, but the order was charged on Monday morning, so seems like it would have made it through the system by now.

Its not BF week - its Thanksgiving week (national holiday you know?) with BF just a day in it - oh and parts (like NJ) of country had snow storms to boot.

Its not BF week - its Thanksgiving week

Thanks. Point well taken. I just meant BF week in the context of retail activity, and thus possible delays.

Weather in NJ is good point as well, since I believe one of Newegg's warehouses is in NJ...

Back