Sony Paralyzed By Computer Hacker Attack

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have no idea if this story is true or not but, if it is, Sony is going to have its hands full for a while. :eek:

Things have come to a standstill at Sony today, after the computers in New York and around the world were infiltrated by a hacker. As a precaution, computers in Los Angeles were shut down while the corporation deals with the breach. It has basically brought the whole global corporation to an electronic standstill.

One beep for yes, two beeps for no. Do you plead guilty of installing rootkits on people's computers a few years back?

*beep beep*

Double yes!

Everything points to clickbait of desperate degrees so far. Sit on the news tips a bit longer, don't act like Gawker.

Sony employee here--literally NOTHING was said about this in the office. My computer works fine. My email works fine. I have no issues connecting to my NY and LA resources. Is this story true? Maybe? I have no reason to believe it is based on my personal experiences today. I've heard no official response from the company, but we definitely weren't 'paralyzed'.

Reddit reveals some captures, download links etc. in a few different postings. Could be very serious if true.

Sony employee here--literally NOTHING was said about this in the office. My computer works fine. My email works fine. I have no issues connecting to my NY and LA resources. Is this story true? Maybe? I have no reason to believe it is based on my personal experiences today. I've heard no official response from the company, but we definitely weren't 'paralyzed'.

Looks like it's only Sony Pictures if I am skimming the news sources right. Doesn't seem like SCE or SOE were effected so I don't know. Until I get a verifiable source I don't really care, that one site is the only one running the story from what I've seen.

(How Steve or a [H] member follow it is remarkable)

one of the employees probably made the mistake of trying to play a Sony music CD ... should've know better

Back