Dish Restores CNN, Cartoon Network in Contract Extension

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For all of you Dish customers who suddenly lost channels from Turner Broadcasting last month, good news is on the way. Turner came to terms with Dish Network this week to restore all of the lost channels.

Today’s contract extensions don’t give Dish rights to Turner channels for its forthcoming Internet-delivered television package; Turner and Dish are still negotiating those terms, and expect an agreement will be part of the next long-term deal.

hurray... unfortunately the channels always do this shit whenever they want more money from the providers, they put up ticker tape often during the tv shows mentioning how A&E (or whatever channel) might soon be gone to Dish/DirecTV subscribers unless you call Dish/DirecTV now and demand to want it.

I just wish the providers would draw a line in the sand and tell the channels to fuck off, they have more to lose missing out on 15 million subscribers (which on average has more than 1 person in each household watching said channel).

Hell with dish. That is all.. Used to be subscribed in the past to Dish and Direct TV... both are a waste of time and space. Now back to using basic cable.

Hell with dish. That is all.. Used to be subscribed in the past to Dish and Direct TV... both are a waste of time and space. Now back to using basic cable.

Which is as equally wasteful in time and space as the other two options you mentioned.

I'd say there has been a lot of cord cutters (including cable). I get calls from Cox all the time asking if I want to subscribe to their TV packages. They always ask "do you subscribe to a TV provider?" .. I reply "no" .. And before I can say why, they say "are you streaming?". Quick convo, it's like they expect it.

I never got this many promotional calls for TV in 9 years with cox. They're coming off desparate.

Not really... Pretty much Only stuff I watch is the news... all the other channels and movie channels are pretty bland.

All In All my 46" tv is pretty much just a display for my PS3 and my Desktop... very rarely do I turn to watch tv.

Not that big a deal. They did this a couple times with some of the channels when I was a subscriber. They both ran ads bitching about the other party but after a few weeks they always came to an agreement.

what a shame. CNN has become a bigger bowl of crap than fox.. and almost on par with MSNBC (but not quite that bad yet lol)

Other than how the data is transmitted, what's the difference?

Back