One of the Best Xbox One Exclusives of the Year is Free Today

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For today only, Xbox Live Gold Subscribers will be able to download Sunset Overdrive for free. You only have today to grab this little goodie, so chop chop on the download. :D

Microsoft is also giving away a bunch of digital goodies to everyone who bought an Xbox One before November 11th.

seriously? makes me getting the sunset overdrive bundle pointless.

doh must read faster..... 24 hour trial.. not bad... should be more considering it will take forever to download for some.

They aren't giving away anything, its just a 24 hour trial, and IMO there should never be any game in existence that DOES NOT give you a 24 hour trial.

When you buy something in the store and it sucks ass, you have a God given right as a 'Merican to say "this is a POS, I don't want it" and return it.

The exception for some reason seems to be video games. WTF is up with that? If any game gives you as little as 24 hours of satisfaction anyway, it sure as hell isn't worth the $60 they charge for console games. Heck, even in restaurants as long as you say "dude, this food tastes like penis" they will take it back as long as you let them know right away.

So yeah, we definitely have something wrong with our marketplace where we tolerate a buy before you try business model, especially lately where they are encouraging massively hyped up pre-orders with gag-orders on reviews.

Playable over a 24 hour period, and I think it's nuts. Not sure if you can get all achievements in that time but you can definitely finish the game. What were they thinking and why? The game didn't even chart in the top ten sales last month, are people going to pick the game up from todays session?

I think you've gotta be about 13 for this game to make sense. Its an ADHD fest for dew & doritos kids

Playable over a 24 hour period, and I think it's nuts. Not sure if you can get all achievements in that time but you can definitely finish the game. What were they thinking and why? The game didn't even chart in the top ten sales last month, are people going to pick the game up from todays session?

It has been 1 year since the xbox one was released. As a "gift" they made this game free for a day if you had a gold membership then 10% off if you wanted to buy it. Given that you first have to wait for it to download, that 24 hour window becomes much smaller. So most would have just got a small taste then would be able to decide if they wanted to play it.

I have heard nothing but positive things from some of the people that I follow. I personally picked the game up due to it being 10% off because of this.

What happens if your downloading time overlapses the window to get it?

While this is now done, for future reference as this isn't something new. They set a time frame for a game. In the case of Forza a few months back the free download link went live at 12:00 am Friday morning and you should start downloading it. at 11:59pm sunday the game would no longer work on your system and would come up asking you to insert the disc or sign in with an account that has ownership of the game. The same happen here, at 12:00am Saturday morning the link for Sunset Overdrive went live, and come midnight the game stopped working. So had you still been downloading the game you would have completed the download only for it to ask you to insert the game disc or to log in with an account that owns the game. I actually had a similar issue to that myself but only in that I started the download and then left for the day and by the time I got home it was past midnight so I didn't actually get to play the game. Since I already had it downloaded and had heard the game was fun I just want ahead and bought it since I had already spent the time to download the game to my system.

So if you have an xbox one, when ever Microsoft decides to do one of these free days or weekends you need to start downloading the game as soon as possible to ensure that you will actually get time to play it.

Back