Man Buys 99 iPhones To Propose To Girlfriend

HardOCP News

[H] News
Since the answer was "no," does that mean this guy has.....wait for it....wait for it...99 problems but a bitch ain't one. ZING!

The unnamed man decided to spend two years of savings on 99 iPhone 6s—costing an estimated $85,000—arrange them in the shape of a heart, and then very publicly propose to his girlfriend. And… she reportedly said no.

"If you had just bought me a $5,000 ring I would have said yes, but thanks for showing me you're such a dumbass and saving me the trouble down the line."

You'd think buying 99 iPhones would get him some sort of a discount from Apple.

WTF is the point? What would she do with 99 iPhones?

"If you had just bought me a $5,000 ring I would have said yes, but thanks for showing me you're such a dumbass and saving me the trouble down the line."

An $85,000 ring probably would of really did it!

Why 99? So Steve could make this headline?

I would have said no as well. Would the Honeymoon have been a visit to Foxconn? Who knows what happens after that.

She was smart to dump someone who would dump 85K into Apple products just for a proposal. :rolleyes:

Now its time for a YouTube video of someone seeing how many iPhones a .50 cal can get through! Thats money well spent!

I'm willing to bet this didn't actually happen. People will stage all sorts of bullshit these days to go "viral" (fuck that word).

doesnt look like he took them out of the boxes? probably just props (empty boxes). I agree it looks staged

Assuming this is real, why would anyone want a partner for life who is willing to blow $86k on some stupid phones? If he will blow $86k on stupid phones, think of how financial irresponsible this bloke will likely be during the marriage.

Assuming this is real, why would anyone want a partner for life who is willing to blow $86k on some stupid phones? If he will blow $86k on stupid phones, think of how financial irresponsible this bloke will likely be during the marriage.

And that's why it was a pretty smart decision for her to say "no". If this is real, the man was a moron.

He's not that stupid. Look, they're still in the boxes, he can return them all!

Pussy. Another limp spined casualty to being raised by a single mother.

He could've put 1/4 of that into running through the highest grade professional sweet & sour tang in the city and emerged with enough swagger to put this girl on the backfoot permanently.

On the bright side buying those iPhones and driving em off a cliff are still cheaper than had he gone the marriage route. She did him a favor.

I noticed all the nice cars in the parking lot.

public proposals suck.

These newly rich chinese must be clumsy as fuck.

Pussy. Another limp spined casualty to being raised by a single mother.

He could've put 1/4 of that into running through the highest grade professional sweet & sour tang in the city and emerged with enough swagger to put this girl on the backfoot permanently.
Got a poet here, lol! :D

If the story is true he saved $86k in 2 years. Said bloke either lives with his parents with 0 cost of living and still makes over 43k a year or if he saves 1/4 of his income for this shit he still makes $170k+ a year. Financial irresponsibility really depends on income level.

Honestly how is this any different than the ass hattery we do in the USA where we are duped into spending thousands on rocks because DeBeers said so. All wedding gifts come down to the same point, spend a shit ton of money on something vane to show a person you have shit tons of money that way their selfish parents will let the girl go and the selfish girl thinks she will get spoiled and live the easy life. Engagement gifts have always been a test of wealth and nothing more.

If the story is true he saved $86k in 2 years. Said bloke either lives with his parents with 0 cost of living and still makes over 43k a year or if he saves 1/4 of his income for this shit he still makes $170k+ a year. Financial irresponsibility really depends on income level.

lol dude its probably nothing to him like most crazy stories you hear in china. China has a huge ultra wealthy class thanks to the USA wanting to buy everything form them, and many of them have 1 or very few kids that they shower with money. Saving the money was probably him saying stuff like my daddy gave me 20k to go on vacation and I only spent 10k of it.

yeah I'm looking forward to mine coming up

I think there's about 200 cousins gearing up to make me bribe my way into the house but I'm going to roast a goddamn pig in their yard. her mom is trying to say it's not necessary...traditional chinese wedding you say? pig it is!

Headline says girlfriend, but the twitter post says he confesses to a friend and did so on single's day. Makes me wonder if said female and him were in any type of relation to start with. Or if he just up and asked some female friend he has had a crush on to marry him.

Headline says girlfriend, but the twitter post says he confesses to a friend and did so on single's day. Makes me wonder if said female and him were in any type of relation to start with. Or if he just up and asked some female friend he has had a crush on to marry him.
there was not likely to be any kind of "dating" relationship between the two in the western sense of the word

they will be "friends" until parents give consent and say otherwise

Unopened, you can sell them for pretty close to retail, wouldn't be all that bad...

More like think how loaded he must be.

But I agree with the others, this is exactly the sort of brain detriment you guys get fed while you browse the sess-pools called facebook, twitter etc. :rolleyes:

Both this and a ring are equally useless. A ring is even more useless actually. A ring is a demonstration of pissing away money to muscle off your financial worth. The only flaw with the phones is that she can't show them around to her friends easily. If he did a gold diamond encrusted phone she may have said yes (but get me a real ring later, too). The guy half understood he's suppose to throw a large amount of money away. But the guy has poor understanding that it all about her and how things look to her friends or social circle.

One question, what was she going to get him? Thought so.

Just surprised no one is rushing in to correct this little archaic piece of social asymmetry between the sexes? Shocked I tell you.

Back