Two Women Already Camping Out For Black Friday Deals

HardOCP News

[H] News
Instead of making fun of these two morons, let's discuss what would make YOU camp out for 22 days to get it (you can't say sex either...married guys do that all the time :D).

Vickey Torres of Cabazon and Juanita Salas of Beaumont arrived for their annual Black Friday camping set-up outside of the Beaumont Best Buy store, Banning-Beaumont Patch reports. The women plan to spend the full 22 days outside of the electronic retailer in hopes of landing the best deals for the infamous “first come, first served” Thanksgiving night rush.

I have two questions.

1. How is this news.
2. Why are people not allowed to do what they want, even when it's legal.

The thing that pisses me off about this is the fact that the vast majority of these people are living off the taxes I pay. They are primarily welfare recipients that are being paid to sit around and do nothing, and they like to camp out at these places to grab the best deals that are available, only for the purpose of immediately reselling them for a profit.

My manager would look at me strangely if I requested three weeks off to camp outside a store for three weeks for a Black Friday deal. Besides, I have found that Amazon will match most of the Black Friday deals.

The thing that pisses me off about this is the fact that the vast majority of these people are living off the taxes I pay. They are primarily welfare recipients that are being paid to sit around and do nothing, and they like to camp out at these places to grab the best deals that are available, only for the purpose of immediately reselling them for a profit.
Most of the shit they're going to resell will barely break. "Holy shit a 50% price cut." which the product price went up gradually 50% over the year. The only winner out of this is the stores.

Most of the shit they're going to resell will barely break. "Holy shit a 50% price cut." which the product price went up gradually 50% over the year. The only winner out of this is the stores.
resell will barely break even. Hell they probably will take a loss on some of them.

On Thanksgiving day, announce that the black Friday sales will take place at another nearby Best Buy. See what happens then

These type of people should just be killed to prevent them from having any more kids.

What's the point of making a line? Don't they all rush to get in when it starts? That would just put them at the front of the crowd. Even then they would still have to make split second decisions or grab and think later.

What's the point of making a line? Don't they all rush to get in when it starts? That would just put them at the front of the crowd. Even then they would still have to make split second decisions or grab and think later.
If I were running Best Buy, I would do what Walmart did a couple years back. They would wait until the very last second, and then instead of opening the doors they would say that they would be opening the store from the rear entrance instead and then video tape the amusement as the peasants all punch and scratch and climb over each other running into light poles trying to get to the other side of the building first. :D

Then for actual VALUED customers, I would email awesome online coupons to customers that had exceeded XYZ dollar amount of purchases within the last year, as a thank you for their continued patronage and general appreciation. Then those guys could sit in their boxers cozy in their homes getting sweet deals delivered to their doorstep.

It's fucks like this why I have little faith in humanity.

These type of people should just be killed to prevent them from having any more kids.

A drive by will do, or call SWAT(p.s. Yes I hate SWATting) minutes before the store opens on TG.

which the people waiting or the people wanting a drive by?

15 minutes of fame. These 2 got it. It's for a retarded reason, but they don't care.

22 days? I wouldn't camp out anywhere. Even 2 days would be a no-go. I can wait for whatever it is they are selling. If I miss out, I can grab it after the new year.

There are some things I would camp out for but aren't for buying things - seeing a Space Shuttle launch (I'd love to see it, missed it before) or other awesome event.

Citation needed.

The thing that pisses me off about this is the fact that the vast majority of these people are living off the taxes I pay. They are primarily welfare recipients that are being paid to sit around and do nothing, and they like to camp out at these places to grab the best deals that are available, only for the purpose of immediately reselling them for a profit. (Ducman69, 2014).

Ducman69. (11/11/2014). HardForum.com

Citation needed.

Fixed. :D

The 50 inch panasonic 1080p tv for $199 is a pretty sweet deal but not worth dealing with all the loons out on BF. There will be something almost comparable that you can order online. The worst part of these events is when people bring their kids with them.

I'd camp out for some kind of tax waiver or free healthcare for life :D.

Black Friday is fun. I go with the wife every few years. I'm not big into the pushing/shoving/racing to get something. I just think it's fun to watch everyone else go ape shit. I'm not looking for anything, and I usually get stuff that I normally buy and it's not on sale. It's entertaining.

Don't people work for a living these days? Even if you save $200 on something, I have no clue why they do not just work 2 days to earn the $200 they are saving. The amount of foregone earnings just do not make sense.

Don't people work for a living these days? Even if you save $200 on something, I have no clue why they do not just work 2 days to earn the $200 they are saving. The amount of foregone earnings just do not make sense.

The ones willing to camp this insane period of time don't work. That much is obvious. Anyone with half a brain could do easy math to figure out how much of a stupid waste of time it is "Unless you are being paid to do nothing anyhow".

Don't get me wrong. I've camped 6-8 hours to get a good deal or for some midnight launches in my day. But multiple days? Fk no, nothing is worth that, much less 22 days of my life. Especially the shit on BF, there is NOTHING on BF worth more than 8 hours of waiting.

with the two women taking turns to go home and shower, eat.
Sounds like a direct violation of the "saving places, and cutting in line" policies that many amusement parks have. Kick them out of line the night before!

That said, I'll file this under "Money can buy you happiness" I have enough money to buy any product that goes on sale for full price, so I'm happy as a flea on a dogs ass that I don't have to deal with any black Friday people/crowds/whatever.

I get Thanksgiving off and the day after off. I get paid for it, too. :D So, I turn a profit while sitting on my ass eating a stuffed bird then going shopping. :D Paid holidays - where you get paid to jerk off and drink beer.

Most of the door busters are strange one-off, cheap-ass versions of similar products. Not worth it, and especially not worth it to deal with the dregs of humanity shoving each other for cheap shit.

I go shopping every black Friday, don't ever camp out or get up before the sun comes up though. We are rarely interested in any of the "big ticket items"

I don't think anybody realizes this, but these people aren't planning to actually buy anything.

If Best Buy still does Black Friday the same way they did a few years ago, the line actually has nothing to do with getting into the store first. They use "coupons" instead.

If they have 10 "copies" of a particular model of TV on sale, there will be 10 coupons for it. About 2 hours before opening, the store employees walk down the line (starting at the beginning) and hand out coupons. When they run out of coupons for that item, they start over at the beginning and hand out coupons for the next item.

The person at the beginning of the line gets first dibs on EVERY coupon, with no limit on how many they can take, and no requirement that they actually buy anything.

Once the coupons are all handed out (and the store employees have gone back inside), the "firsts" take their pile of coupons, walk down the line, and start scalping all the coupons for cash (a $200-off coupon sells for $50 for example). Once they have sold all their coupons, they take the cash and leave.

Call the cops for loitering.

That is kind of what I thought. At what point do they call the cops. What is to stop homeless people from just sleeping out there all year long and saying that they are waiting in line for next year's black Friday.

Most of the door busters are strange one-off, cheap-ass versions of similar products. Not worth it, and especially not worth it to deal with the dregs of humanity shoving each other for cheap shit.

Yet people don't care. Some places jack up the price on black Friday, but since they tell you that you are getting a deal people still rush out and buy it. People have lost their damn minds long ago to consumerism.

1. How is this news.

I don't know, apparently it is enough of a "news item" that it makes people run as fast as they can to jump into the comments section and ask "how is this news?" within minutes of it being posted (5 minutes to be exact) on the front page.

:D

For 22 days? Let's see. That's 3 weeks of pay, plus I have to consider the odds of losing my job for such a long time off. That can add another year. Actually, let's be safe and say 3 years due to the economy. So, I guess I'd camp out for 22 days if the item saves me roughly $400,000 and costs me less than $2000.

How much do you want to bet these people are being paid as a publicity stunt?
Kind of sad one way or another.

3 Weeks wouldn't be worth it, even if there where several black Friday item I actually wanted that where selling for 90% off. Even a PS4 or Xbox 1 for $100 wouldn't be worth it.

Think about it. At $12/hour (8 hour * 5 days * 3 weeks * $20/hour), that's over $1,400. They would be better of going out and getting a part time job for 3 week and then ordering the items on line.

Of course they are typical of the short term/lazy thinking that infects too many people, in the country now days.

I gave up going early to the Black Friday sales over 10 years ago, when I arrived at one place over 2 hours before they opened, and there where already a few hundred people in line. Way more than the limited number of sale items that where going available.

For 22 days? Let's see. That's 3 weeks of pay, plus I have to consider the odds of losing my job for such a long time off. That can add another year. Actually, let's be safe and say 3 years due to the economy. So, I guess I'd camp out for 22 days if the item saves me roughly $400,000 and costs me less than $2000.

The maximum I ever camped out for was 12 hours on 11/22/2005 for the release of the X360. Even then, I got a LOT of studying done as the Walmart Supercenter was nice enough to set up a bunch of chairs and stuff for us to sit on while waiting. Parents here in Cincinnati wait 22 days in line just to make sure their kids get into one of the highly limited Magnet schools instead of the other really crappy schools, and I find that commendable. Waiting 22 days just to save $200-300 is just stupid. They can do whatever they want with their time, but you quickly realize that some people stay poor for a reason.

get a fucking job

That is precisely how I feel. I bet if those two put in as much effort as they are into snagging cheap stuff, they could easily find a job. Even if they wanted cheap stuff, they could easily go get a McJob that pays $8.50 an hour, work those 22 days, and come out way ahead.

damn those 2 women look homeless...you sure they're camped out for Black Friday or is that where they normally live

I don't think anybody realizes this, but these people aren't planning to actually buy anything.

If Best Buy still does Black Friday the same way they did a few years ago, the line actually has nothing to do with getting into the store first. They use "coupons" instead.

If they have 10 "copies" of a particular model of TV on sale, there will be 10 coupons for it. About 2 hours before opening, the store employees walk down the line (starting at the beginning) and hand out coupons. When they run out of coupons for that item, they start over at the beginning and hand out coupons for the next item.

The person at the beginning of the line gets first dibs on EVERY coupon, with no limit on how many they can take, and no requirement that they actually buy anything.

Once the coupons are all handed out (and the store employees have gone back inside), the "firsts" take their pile of coupons, walk down the line, and start scalping all the coupons for cash (a $200-off coupon sells for $50 for example). Once they have sold all their coupons, they take the cash and leave.

This one is on to something. Still... how much can they expect to make in one night from 3 weeks of camping doing nothing?

Back