Blizzard Announces Overwatch

This game has the stupidest characters I've ever seen.

having a hard time getting excited about a TF2 in WoW skin.

That looks exceptionally dumb. Too much money for designing stuff looks like shit.

Got about 25% through the trailer. No way I'll ever buy this. Guess the Blizzard I knew is gone.

Not a fan of the randomness of the characters; it comes off as incoherent to me.

There are rumors circulating this is in fact made with the remains of the Titan project.

Heh, I figured I'd be in the minority in being totally underwhelmed by their childish video. It seems like the internet just eats up mindless action that lacks any shred of characterization or humanity (the two seconds of the kid picking the fist up is the closest they get). I'm sure the gameplay will be fun as Blizzard always makes exceptionally smooth and fun gameplay but it is hard to get excited about this when TF2 was doing the same thing 6 years ago.

Looks some what interesting but with the huge variety there I have a hard time seeing where balance will come from.

So what is different about this game from every other twitch deathmatch fps game?

Blizzard "You didn't really think we would just throw away all that work we did on Titan, did you?"

So I think that the trailer actually is pretty bad, but the game itself is really fun.

It's a team-based arena shooter with objectives. Think TF2 meets Tribes meets Anime.

People are whining about the "cartooney" character models and I guess that's true to a certain extent but I think it's more "Final Fantasy" than Pixar.

I don't play shooters, I'm not good at them, but I had a blast with Overwatch. I can see a lot more team-dynamics here than I see in TF2 and more goal-oriented play than just deathmatch. There is a subtle and not-so-subtle confluence you can seek between the combinations of heroes on your team and countering the heroes on the other team and the abilities are pretty diverse.

having a hard time getting excited about a TF2 in WoW skin.

Warcraft was a reskinned Dune 2
WoW was a reskinned Everquest
Heathstone was a reskinned MTG

Blizzard has never, ever been about inventing a genre... but pretty much every product they sold had redefined it.

Can you get hats? Because it looks like a game where you can get hats. Can't quite put my finger on why I'd think that though. . .

Can you get hats? Because it looks like a game where you can get hats. Can't quite put my finger on why I'd think that though. . .

Yes, but instead of buying individual hats, you pay a monthly subscription fee for access to an entire closet full of hats.

Huge fan of Blizzard (or atleast was), thousands of hours in Diablo 1/2, thousands of hours into Warcraft 3, thousands into WoW, hundreds/thousands into StarCraft.

This shit looks retarded IMO. It's not only a new IP, but an unfamiliar genre that's already saturated. This doesn't look clever enough to stick out that much and it has "microtransactions" written all over it.

Dumb

So knowing Blizzard, this is basically Team Fortress 2 that you pay for, with an announced release date of "Soon" and an actual release date of "When I retire?"

Borderlands meets Team Fortress 2. It's probably what Titan would have been if they gave more of a crap.

6 vs 6? Boring

However, that theatrical trailer? Holy fucking shit, that makes up for the lack of a CGI ending in D3 expansion

Warcraft was a reskinned Dune 2
WoW was a reskinned Everquest
Heathstone was a reskinned MTG

Blizzard has never, ever been about inventing a genre... but pretty much every product they sold had redefined it.

Blizzard hasn't made a good, serious game since Burning Crusade. Diablo 3 still isn't as good as Diablo 2 LOD and Hearthstone is a cash cow as high level play requires a ton of money thrown at the game to be competitive.

Everyone bitching about this game should STFU because at the end of the day

IT'S NOT A CONSOLE PORT

In this day and age, we should all be grateful for a publisher willing to go PC first and prove that the filthy console peasants aren't the end all be all of gaming.

Here I thought Epic Games only made Unreal Tournament. Well let's hope it's better than UT3.

At the end of the day all I want is a fun game. If they can deliver a fun experience I can see playing it. Lol/DOTA/TF2 in 3rd/first person arena sounds like fun to me.

I would have to agree with everyone here on team fortress 2 rip off. LOL dwarf engineer.

Seriously how creative is that blizzard. Blizzard went down hill when they release a april fools joke about pandas in WOW and then they actually did it with mists. I quit then.

Back