Microsoft Band Sold Out Online, Lines Formed at Retail Stores

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft Stores are beginning to look more like the Apple stores with long lines waiting to buy a new product. The new Microsoft Band is a big hit with consumers, both online and in retail stores, where the release was barely publicized but still managed to sell out in all locations.

Considering that Microsoft Stores are typically a bit more barren than other retail locations, this is a huge win for Microsoft.

Even the pic on the main page in the news here made more of an impression on me than everything about apples lame watch.

Actually I believe it based on what I saw and the fact that people I know actually lined up for one of these. That is significant considering that I know absolutely no one that lines up to buy the latest Apple product even though nearly everyone I know is a massive Apple fanboy/girl. I still don't know what this Microsoft band is, and Breitling already makes my "band" for my wrist.

screen_shot_2014-10-30_at_9.38.11_pm.jpg

I actually thought this was an Apple store at first because of how tight that second guy in line's shirt and jeans are. He's got to be gay, right?

A "hit", according to paid shill Brad Sams over at MS's marketing blog aka Neowin. He calls everything MS a huge win.

Paul Thurrott's impressions on the band were a little more level headed. We'll see if $200 for a very limited device that can't even show you the time without tilting your head is going to have any staying power.

If there are only 50 available, of course it will be sold out.

WTF is this shit. Looks pretty useless with such a small screen.

It is pretty cool. I just wish it was shower proof so I didn't have to take it off at the gym.

Do want.
Will go good with my Lumina AND my fat ass needs to lose 40 pounds so...

Maybe they'll be stocked up for Christmas.

Something is fishy in that picture, the third and fourth guy in line is the same guy. Microsoft photoshopped that crowded store.

Something is fishy in that picture, the third and fourth guy in line is the same guy. Microsoft photoshopped that crowded store.

Prove it. The way I see it they look similar but are not the same. Judging from my really old laptop screen, look at the epicanthral folds of the eyes and the nose. Shape of the head is also a bit different.

I also like how Microsoft used the same exact flooring and tables as used in Apple stores.

Interesting device, but unless they had really limited supply, I have a hard time understanding how it sold out.

Prove it. The way I see it they look similar but are not the same. Judging from my really old laptop screen, look at the epicanthral folds of the eyes and the nose. Shape of the head is also a bit different.

Their heads look different because the third guy has another bald guy right behind him. Probably a triple photoshop.

AppleRetailStore.jpg

Yeah, I can't believe Microsoft uses the same floors and tables as Apple.

Oh wait.

AppleRetailStore.jpg

Yeah, I can't believe Microsoft uses the same floors and tables as Apple.

Oh wait.

Lol well ok I was wrong on the tables, but there are plenty of stores with the same flooring. And I made you go look at an Apple Store. :p :D

Lol well ok I was wrong on the tables, but there are plenty of stores with the same flooring. And I made you go look at an Apple Store. :p :D

There are plenty of stores with a light wood flooring? Do tell us more! I bet those sleazy MS designers copied basket ball courts.

Microsoft band us the first one I would consider. I'm waiting to see the quality, software integration and accuracy if the pedometer first.

There are plenty of stores with a light wood flooring? Do tell us more! I bet those sleazy MS designers copied basket ball courts.

Apple patented wood floors, now with more lawsuit per square-foot.

I find it interesting that the first few comments of any Microsoft related article here are "Apple this" and "Apple that", with Apple being mentioned throughout the majority of the rest.

I call bullshit. This is clearly staged ... seriously. Some paid marketing firm. These fuking armatures ...

I hope MSFT can deliver a few high-demand consumer products. Personally, I think the Surface 2 & 3 are nice devices. I heard nothing about the Band until the other day

I like the Surface Pro 3 minus the crappy backlight bleed that plagues all LCDs on a black background but I don't see the attraction with this band. If anything it looks kind of ugly with the flat non-curved display.

48hrs battery?
charger contacts exposed.. green in no time if you actually do some sweating with it.. any water resistance?

I Like the for form factor. Battery life is still questionable. That form factor with Pebble battery life would be great.

I call bullshit. This is clearly staged ... seriously. Some paid marketing firm. These fuking armatures ...

I counted at least 6 people that were not paid to be there. Although there could be more, I have to agree.

How have I not heard about this. I just got a new fitness watch from Amazon to replace an old one and I'd rather have this. Good thing Amazon is great with returns. Hopefully this is back in stock soon.

It definitely smelled fishy, so I started digging and it became pretty evident it wasn't just a random spontaneous Microsoft store. The girl that took the photo and tweeted it out seems to be a MS employee or involved with MS financially, possibly on the UX team.

Anyway, WGAF. If the device is good it'll sink or swim on its own merits, as any product should. Paul Thurrott couldn't even get it to connect with his windows phone and had to resort to using his iPhone.

I was at the mall to take a look at the new droid turbo phone, and there were definitely long lines at the Microsoft Store in the Bellevue Square mall on the launch day. Then again, this is in msft county.

Ended up picking one up myself after a 30 minute line. Pretty pleased with it so far.

Yawn. MS did the same thing to generate hype for the Surface tablets, and that's been a major money losing failure. We'll see how it's really doing in a couple of months.

Considering they dropped this out of nowhere, I'm impressed. I follow fit watches and there wasn't much news on it until they announced. It's sold out here.

It does have built-in GPS so that makes it more of a fitness device than those useless pedometer toys. But if you already have a Garmin GPS watch it's nothing new.

Back