See How Halo 2: Anniversary Was Made

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There are still many fans of Halo 2 out there even after 10 years and the faithful are about to be rewarded for being ever so patient with the release of the HD remake in Halo 2: Anniversary. Check out the Xbox launch trailer video. :cool:

Finally, a game trailer without shitty ass music from a band.

Track is from Halo Legends: Sacred Icon Suite 2.

I cannot wait for this as it was my favorite of the Halo games. Too bad it will sit when my preorder arrives as I just have no time to play games. :(

We (PC gamers) Got shafted after Halo 2. No Halo 3, ODST, Reach etc...

It would be badass if they would release Halo anniversary Edition for PC. But I doubt it. :(

We (PC gamers) Got shafted after Halo 2. No Halo 3, ODST, Reach etc...

It would be badass if they would release Halo anniversary Edition for PC. But I doubt it. :(

I doubt it also, for Microsoft this is a way to sell consoles. They might release other games on both the pc and xbox platforms, but the they aren't going to let the cash cow go like that. When this gets released you will have a pickup in sells for them, then next year come Halo 5 you will have a second spike from the series.

I doubt it also, for Microsoft this is a way to sell consoles. They might release other games on both the pc and xbox platforms, but the they aren't going to let the cash cow go like that. When this gets released you will have a pickup in sells for them, then next year come Halo 5 you will have a second spike from the series.

Funny thing is that Halo 3 was the last Halo game I played. Once I realized that no more Halo games were coming to pc I stopped buying. I did not buy the other games on 360 and I never bought an Xbox one. It makes me wonder how much money they are leaving on the table. Also these are all old games that they already raked in a ton of dough for. If they released this on pc a year from now I would definitely buy it though.

Funny thing is that Halo 3 was the last Halo game I played. Once I realized that no more Halo games were coming to pc I stopped buying. I did not buy the other games on 360 and I never bought an Xbox one. It makes me wonder how much money they are leaving on the table. Also these are all old games that they already raked in a ton of dough for. If they released this on pc a year from now I would definitely buy it though.

Sadly the actions of a few thought don't scale very well to the large. Plenty of people buy one console over the other due to a few games they know are coming out. Knowing said game would be on the PC also makes which console you buy less meaningful then to those that game on various platforms. There will be somebody like you that won't play any more games, but they are always going to lose people along the way. The Last of Us could have sold more copies if it was cross platform, but that doesn't mean Sony will ever do that. Same for Mario games. Nintendo uses their 1st party games to push their console sells and will get them. Same for Microsoft and Sony when it comes to their games. While they might make more sells they lose money from you not buying their console. If you buy a Xbox One for this game, you will buy others. Which Microsoft gets money from every game sold, if you buy it on the PC, they don't get money for all the other games you buy there. So in the long run they aren't going to make as much money in that regards.

You are correct about these being older game. And since they are being done on the Xbox One, porting them to the pc for windows wouldn't be that bad. Who knows maybe that will be their way to bring people to widows 10. Release this game collection on the pc and require windows 10. That way their way to get sales for Vista with Halo 2, only fitting to really bring it back for a proper repeat of history.

Yeah, I have no hard feelings against Microsoft. I understand all of that and can't blame them. I definitely plan to get Windows 10 and if this collection comes out for PC I'll buy it too.

Its all the halo games master chief starred in. So halo 1, halo 2, halo 3, and halo 4. It includes all the map packs/dlc that was released for them, includes the original and anniversary edition ( basically campaign) of Halo 1 and Halo 2 along with Multiplayer online for all the games. 6 halo 2 maps redone in an engine that is built for xbox one.,These 6 maps are called Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer. All games run at 1080p and 60fps. With Halo 3 and 4 getting some lighting changes and higher textures. where the game did have them . Also includes the halo 5 beta in January. In total its like 4 and 1/2 games, a beta, ~105 mulitplayer maps.

It seems to be the main point of this release is to try to bring some hype back to Halo series for halo 5 after how quickly halo 4 died.

Back