Amazon Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction With Tablet Devices

HardOCP News

[H] News
How can this be? Apple's "magical" iPad losing out to Amazon's plain ol' tablets? Some form of trickery must be involved. ;)

As more value-priced tablet brands enter the marketplace and the average purchase price of tablets declines, satisfaction with cost continues to rise, according to the J.D. Power 2014 U.S. Tablet Satisfaction StudySM—Volume 2 released today. The study, now in its third year, measures customer satisfaction with tablets across five factors (in order of importance): performance (28%); ease of operation (22%); features (22%); styling and design (17%); and cost (11%). Satisfaction is calculated on a 1,000-point scale.

Apple probably gets down rated due to it's high price and Apple store lockdown.
At least with Amazon the tablet price is a lot cheaper.

I have an Asus 10" transformer tablet I bought a couple years ago, and it still works great.
Family uses it all the time, probably a couple hours a day on average. Even 2 years ago it was cheaper than the $345 average price they list in the study.

Thinking about getting an 8", Atom based Windows 8 tablet. There are decent ones with 2GB ram and 32GB flash for less then $200 on sale. Would be nice to have a full version of windows (even if it's windows 8). The quad core atom chips are faster than my old dual core laptop, and being a full version of windows, it would give me a better connection to the office and my HTPC.

When I was working for Amazon, one of their core values is that the customer is No 1. I find that many companies get too greedy and figure out new ways to get at the customer's wallet. Amazon does seem to hold true still about the customer is No 1 for sanctification.

Amazon is also locked down. They don't allow Google Play (although you can side-load to access it).
Still, the price is a lot less. I think it comes down to what you want in a tablet.
Personal opinion - I think the App Store has the best selection of games for kids. Software developers usually target iOS first, Android ports second. I don't know how long it takes apps to hit Amazon's store.
Video/Audio selection: I guess I'd tip the hat to Amazon. However, I can get an Amazon app on my iOS or other Android tablets and access the same content.

I have an Asus 10" transformer tablet I bought a couple years ago, and it still works great.
Family uses it all the time, probably a couple hours a day on average. Even 2 years ago it was cheaper than the $345 average price they list in the study.

Thinking about getting an 8", Atom based Windows 8 tablet. There are decent ones with 2GB ram and 32GB flash for less then $200 on sale. Would be nice to have a full version of windows (even if it's windows 8). The quad core atom chips are faster than my old dual core laptop, and being a full version of windows, it would give me a better connection to the office and my HTPC.

I own a Lenovo Miix 2 8", and I can tell you that it is just fantastic. I replaced my Asus transformer (TF300T) with this, and am quite satisfied. That being said, if you plan to do any real productivity work, invest in a blue tooth keyboard/mouse.

Back