Flash Vulnerability Being Exploited In Large-Scale Attacks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Aside from Photoshop, exploits and vulnerabilities, is there anything Adobe is good at anymore?

Windows and Mac users should update to Flash Player 15.0.0.189, or 13.0.0.250 if they’re using the extended support release. Users of Flash Player on Linux should upgrade to version 11.2.202.411. The Flash Player plug-ins bundled with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11 will receive patches though the update mechanisms of those browsers.

I thought that the general consensus was that Photoshop has gone downhill since the requirement for always-on Internet connectivity, so I'm not sure Adobe is even good at that anymore. The two pieces of software I dread installing the most on any PC are the Java runtime environment and the Adobe flash player...I know it is just a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off on the poor person that's just trying to watch cute cat videos on YouTube...

It doesn't require always-on internet. You have to install the app with an internet connection, and it just has to be able to ping a license server once a month. If it can't ping the server one month, you still get 60 additional days of run time before the app locks you out. Since 99% of people who get Photoshop will not be disconnected from the internet for 90 days, it's a non-issue.

Honestly, the subscription service is really nice. I just get the $9.99 Lightroom and Photoshop photography subscription, and that is totally worth it for what i do. I wish they would offer bundles in that same price range. Right now, it's either one app or the entire suite.

I thought that the general consensus was that Photoshop has gone downhill since the requirement for always-on Internet connectivity, so I'm not sure Adobe is even good at that anymore. The two pieces of software I dread installing the most on any PC are the Java runtime environment and the Adobe flash player...I know it is just a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off on the poor person that's just trying to watch cute cat videos on YouTube...

is there anything Adobe is good at anymore?

Apparently, getting government contracts. Then again, so is IBM, and they're incompetent in just about everything else. Just shows how incompetent our government is.

There are better apps than photoshop nowadays. There's not much reason to buy Adobe anything.

Back