Halo 3 1080p Gameplay Footage

So it is a fast cleaner version of Halo 3? Kind of like the 1080P at 60FPS would indicate?

It means squat because they didn't remaster anything. It looks just as bad as I remember.

Lol hate hate hate. Trolls everywhere.

If I had an XBone I'd get this as I never finished Halo 1, nor played 2 or 4. Halo 3 was wicked.
For the price this is a hell of a lot of content and if you don't like it stfu and GTFO.

:D

If I had an XBone I'd get this as I never finished Halo 1, nor played 2 or 4. Halo 3 was wicked.
For the price this is a hell of a lot of content and if you don't like it stfu and GTFO.

Yup I have the Master Chief collection preordered and preordering games is something I do not do out of principle(also because I have a massive backlog of unplayed games). The problem for me is that I have been so insanely busy that my XB1 has not been touched for the last 9 weeks. Neither has my Netflix either...............

Halo revolutionized the FPS genre in its own way, and the story kept people like me coming back for more. Since I havn't played Halo 4 yet, I cannot wait to replay all the Master Chief based Halos in one game as this is one helluva deal.

I enjoyed Halo well enough. Especially Halo:CE on PC. I'd play the series on PC but, I never got a 360 and don't plan to get an Xbone as exclusives for them would largely be... Halo.

The irony of this is that there were PC's in 2007 that were capable of playing this game at 1080p 60fps. Yeah, I'll probably get an Xbox One too. :)

Maybe it has been too long since I played it, but I didn't see much difference here from the original Halo 3 release.

I may also be biased as Halo 3 is my least favorite Halo game, right behind Halo 4. I really dug Reach and ODST.

I saw my roomate play Halo 3 a few times, cant say I remember it with implicit detail but this looks no different to me, other than higher resolution.

Halo revolutionized the FPS genre in its own way

Woah woah woah, lets not get carried away here. Honestly? I'm not looking to start a poo flinging contest here, but cmon now... what did halo do to revolutionize the industry? The only thing I give Halo credit for is popularizing console FPS since it was like a launch title for the original xbox or something. Whenever it came out, it was the only FPS done right.

Rehashing old games yep I am sure that will win it for you MS.

Already played Halo 1 and 2 at 1080P@60FPS like a decade ago, not feeling like I am missing out on not playing Halo 3.

Woah woah woah, lets not get carried away here. Honestly? I'm not looking to start a poo flinging contest here, but cmon now... what did halo do to revolutionize the industry? The only thing I give Halo credit for is popularizing console FPS since it was like a launch title for the original xbox or something. Whenever it came out, it was the only FPS done right.

Let's list some things:

Recharging health
two weapon swap system
instant grenade button
Instant melee button
seamless and optional foot+vehicle gameplay
one-hit melee kills

InB4 "all those sux ruined the industry lololol"

the truth: it changed the face of games.

They could have at least asked YouTube to use their beta (soon to be released?) 60fps uploading...

c64380ef5f.jpg

Is this video floating around anywhere @ 60fps? maybe vimeo? webm?

I played 2,3,reach,4. I've had more then my fill. A rehash doesn't interest me at all. I still feel burned by how poorly halo 4 became after it was a COD rehash with perks.

Uhh, I thought Destiny was Halo 3. They all look the same now. Such original gaming these days...

Destiny has a lot less SP content then halo 3. I'm trying to remember if I did my halo 3 LASO run or not. I know I did it for halo reach and 4. (Not worth the headache imho)

Analogy:

PC Gamers - The richest nation in the world, has had 1080p at 60fps for the better part of a decade. It's so easy that practically everyone has it, even the PC Nation peasants. Many of these people have been doing Eyefinity, 4k, Oculus Rift, and other innovative and amazing things playing games on PC, almost always at 60fps, and sometimes as high as 240fps on a 240hz monitor.

Console Gamers - In this communist state everyone has the same thing. The games they play, and the associated settings, are dictated by their overlords. Most games play at 720p and look like garbage. Many have crap textures and a low poly count. The PC Nation keeps asking them to defect, it's cheaper and more fun on PC, but they can't help but sit in anticipation, hoping that a game might be passed down that plays at 1080p/60fps.

I haven't played console games in forever. I just assumed that the XB360 was mostly 1080p, because you know, "consoles are so much better. Next gen is the best. It looks just as good" and other PR and fanboy nonsense. How many 1080p games did the 360 get? Five. Just Five. And at least one of them is a sprite based 2D shooter. I've been playing at 1080p since the 360s release.

Consoles are a total joke. They are underpowered and overpriced. If you want to play games with a controller, then just buy a 360 adapter for PC. There. $30 upgrade. Now go play your games at 1080p, 4k, or whatever resolution you want . . . with a controller.

I had mine preordered the day it was announced. No question this is a day one purchase for me.

It looks like fun. :D However, it also distinctly reminds me of UT and UT 2004.

Let's list some things:

Recharging health
two weapon swap system
instant grenade button
Instant melee button
seamless and optional foot+vehicle gameplay
one-hit melee kills

InB4 "all those sux ruined the industry lololol"

the truth: it changed the face of games.

Well said. I'm still waiting for that Halo feel on PC. Also was Halo the first FPS with (tangible) player inertia? Literally felt like there was some weight to it.

Wow, looks terrible and almost the same as original. I've never understood people's excitement with this game (it was subpar at best). Back when original came out on XB it did look decent for the time and great for a console game but now it looks like a bad joke that just stuck around...

Wow, looks terrible and almost the same as original. I've never understood people's excitement with this game (it was subpar at best). Back when original came out on XB it did look decent for the time and great for a console game but now it looks like a bad joke that just stuck around...

Whats funny is thats how I feel about Half-Life 2. Granted I liked it and thought it was a good game. There people that love it, and for me it probably wouldn't scratch my top 20.

Analogy:

PC Gamers - The richest nation in the world, has had 1080p at 60fps for the better part of a decade. It's so easy that practically everyone has it, even the PC Nation peasants. Many of these people have been doing Eyefinity, 4k, Oculus Rift, and other innovative and amazing things playing games on PC, almost always at 60fps, and sometimes as high as 240fps on a 240hz monitor.

Console Gamers - In this communist state everyone has the same thing. The games they play, and the associated settings, are dictated by their overlords. Most games play at 720p and look like garbage. Many have crap textures and a low poly count. The PC Nation keeps asking them to defect, it's cheaper and more fun on PC, but they can't help but sit in anticipation, hoping that a game might be passed down that plays at 1080p/60fps.

I haven't played console games in forever. I just assumed that the XB360 was mostly 1080p, because you know, "consoles are so much better. Next gen is the best. It looks just as good" and other PR and fanboy nonsense. How many 1080p games did the 360 get? Five. Just Five. And at least one of them is a sprite based 2D shooter. I've been playing at 1080p since the 360s release.

Consoles are a total joke. They are underpowered and overpriced. If you want to play games with a controller, then just buy a 360 adapter for PC. There. $30 upgrade. Now go play your games at 1080p, 4k, or whatever resolution you want . . . with a controller.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz, snort, rolls over, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz, snort, rolls over, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

The sound of PC gamers trying to stay awake in Console Nation as they announce the re-release of a 2007 game (halo 3), but this time with graphics that match a 2005 mid-price PC. Yawn indeed.

Really? Oh well, enjoy your complaining well I enjoy my gaming on consoles and my PC, K? Thx. :D

I remember when the teaser trailer came out for Halo, i watched it over and over with friends in my basement... we where super excited. Then MS announced xbox only. Still pissed. So FU! MS. Take your 1080 crap and cram it up your cram hole!

P.S.
Consoles are the DEVIL!

Back