BofA Apologizes For Apple Pay Double Charges

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Bank of America customer, It would probably be a good idea to stay away from Apple Pay for now.

BofA was smart enough to refund me the money, because they said it was obvious to them that these were duplicate charges for the same exact amount. "We're aware of a Bank of America issue impacting a very small number of Apple Pay users," an Apple spokesman said. "They're working on a fix that will be available shortly and reversing any duplicate transactions."

People still use BoA?

That's more surprising to me...

The big banks are easy to hate on but the amount of business they do is quite staggering. I think B of A does business with nearly one out of every two household in the country.

Used Apple Pay with BofA at a McDonalds and did not have a double charge. No issues here.

People still use BoA?

That's more surprising to me...

Really? Considering BoA has either been the largest or second largest bank in the U.S. for many years now it's more surprising you would think this.

I'm surprised because it's the worst bank ever. Like the Comcast of banks.

The big banks are easy to hate on but the amount of business they do is quite staggering. I think B of A does business with nearly one out of every two household in the country.

An Interesting statement. They have about an 11% market share by deposits. The top 15 banks make up about 52 percent of all deposits. Consumer Credit card marketshare is about 16%. You then have loans to consider and other markets they are in as well as many business using them so many might have paychecks coming from BoA. Still an interesting statement to make them sound dominate.

An Interesting statement. They have about an 11% market share by deposits. The top 15 banks make up about 52 percent of all deposits. Consumer Credit card marketshare is about 16%. You then have loans to consider and other markets they are in as well as many business using them so many might have paychecks coming from BoA. Still an interesting statement to make them sound dominate.

Doing business with and having deposits from are two very different things. Included in the doing business category are things like do business you buy from use BoA, do people you interact with financially use BoA, and other things like this. No bank would ever be allowed to grow to that level if they were solely responsible for handling the deposits of 50% of the country.

Also for everyone who hates on the TARP program. Let me just say it was far cheaper than paying out FDIC insurance plans for all of those depositors if the banks had gone belly up.

Back