Portable Cardboard Standing Desk

No way...One...they ship to NZ or AUS only. Two....This thing is over $100 bucks US.

I can get a portable wood desk cheaper than that.

I like the part of the video where there are people all around it, you can see it lean a bit as one person puts a bit too much weight into it from the side... aka design flaw. And once cardboard bends, it's always going to be bent.

I can one up this... now introducing the high top table! Just like what is available in any coffee shop or bar, but screw that give me money because it works better!

$160 NZD =~ $143 CAD.

So cheap cardboard desk or buy a real desk for probably closer to $100 CAD.

Tough choice.

Cheaper alternative...

box4.jpg

Really cool if it weren't for the 160 USD pricetag for some cardboard :(

I do love my adjustable standing / sitting desk. But I don't think I could justify walking around with a cardboard version.

For that price you're better off buying an Ikea desk, same construction too.

$160 USD?????

I was thinking maybe $15 max.

Bwahahahahaha.

I can see the market for a portable folding desk, but not at $160 for a cardboard one.

If you get it wet, you are hosed.

If you accidentally bend it where it isn't supposed to bend, you are hosed.

If it is humid where you are, you are hosed.

On top of that, I give one of those about 10 or so normal refoldings before the cardboard starts to fray/come apart.

terrible. and wobbly as fuck on nonflat surfaces.

also, is it top heavy? that's bad

I would actually buy a portable cardboard chair. It would be great at conventions.

Obviously none of those idiots have ever stood in one spot for a long period of time.

Sitting with your legs up is far better than standing all day.

Standing for long periods of time is just about my least favourite thing to do.

All you haters, lol. It's still stronger then IKEA. For 5 dallah more you can get one fire proof.

For that price why not just by a normal folding table that's 100 times sturdier

Wow this guy, if it goes through, is gonna make a crap ton of money. I can only imagine how much profit he is making off each one of these sold at $160.

Interesting "concept" but at $150.. no way. You can buy a nice desk for $150, made from wood and metal. Or, if you're a bit of a handyman, you can build a beautiful custom made standing desk with that money.

When I saw how you put it together, I thought, "Is this a freaking joke? Who would do that"?

Thought it was going to be some sort of popup thing.

And yea, standing at a spot doing work, kills your back. Does to me anyway. I'm on my feet all day at work, but I'm constantly moving and walking. Standing in a spot is worse than sitting in a spot. We can sit for a natural reason. lol

Loved the whole lifestyle thing too. Deadhead hipster yuppie wankers. :p BTW, no one can look cool lugging that thing around.

How the hell did this get so much funding? It's an interesting idea for sure, and if it was $20-$30 I could see the appeal just for a cheap, disposable desk... portable or not. But for $160+, for some fucking cardboard with holes drilled in the right places? One can buy a real desk for less than that.

I'm surprised that these guys thought this would be successful at that price point... I'm even more surprised that they were right.

And yea, standing at a spot doing work, kills your back. Does to me anyway. I'm on my feet all day at work, but I'm constantly moving and walking. Standing in a spot is worse than sitting in a spot. We can sit for a natural reason. lol

This! A few years ago I worked at a large electronics refurbisher, and at some point during my employment they issued a no chair policy for the entire production floor (people doing the product testing/cleaning/packing). Admittedly, it did speed up productivity from people being less likely to sit around and space out, but it also lead to a lot of complaints about fatigue (especially since they operated on a 11 hour x 4 work week). Lucky for me, I was overseeing a Quality Control department and a lot of the shit I had to do involved a lot of research, typing, creating quality metrics, drafting info for meetings, etc. Lots of reports and typing and boring shit. Being able to sit was much more logical for such work, and thus I kept my chair. If I hadn't been able to, I'd have had a problem. My back and knees are about twice the age of the rest of my body. It would have been very difficult.

So does this mean that Ikea is now considered upscale furniture? Seems the bar is being lowered.

What a POS, plus what? now 'I can work anywhere standing'.. wow thanks! Just what I needed .

"Sitting is the new smoking". What? We are going to ban cubicle and desks? I forgot the 900 chemicals I inhaled the last time I was at a desk. I need a cardboard stand now!!!!

This is a good emergency "piss box". Just back up to any wall, fold up and go. Nobody would know the better.

I'm still trying to get my eyeballs to unroll outta the back of my head. When I see the opening shot of guy in white t-shirt carrying a cardboard flat, I think homeless guy. And no, I won't put my 34" inch flat panel monitor on your flap-A into slot-B lifestyle thank you very much.

The problem I see is its about twice as expensive as it seems its worth, and most importantly the height does not appear to be adjustable. Anyone who really uses a standing desk knows that if it isn't at elbow height your going to end up with pain.

lol @ that price.

Find a source of bulk cardboard, make up some press molds, and you can probably make one for about $10 a piece. If that. Not sure how much a large sheet of cardboard goes for.

Heck make it with 1/4" plywood and it would still be profitable at that price.

Back