2014 'League of Legends' World Championship

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Riots annual League of Legends Championship was held last night in Seoul, Korea in front of a sellout crowd of 40K fans watching the finals of the 11 Million dollar competition between Korean favorite Samsung White and Starhorn Royal Club from China. eSports is finally beginning to come into its own. :cool:

The tournament as a whole saw better performance from North American teams than in previous years, though in the end it was still the top Asian teams who made it all the way to the final this time.

Last edited:
Wathched a bit of it live in the wee hours of this morning.....
OMG, what a buncha stereotypical nerds, both on stage and in the audience...:eek:
It was pitiful...:D

With the show being in Korea, and a better time zone for Asia all the way through Europe I'd say their viewership numbers are probably quite a bit higher than last year.

I watched the 4 games today, on youtube.
Good games, a bit bummed that there wasn't any north american or euro teams but the Koreans are so good at gaming.
I don't play LoL much (2-3 games per week or so) but i do enjoy watching the pros play, they are incredibly good.

Still a bit turned off by the use of the word "sport" in "eSport". I mean... Golf is more of a sport than that and i'd argue that Golf isn't a sport.
Nothing wrong in competitive gaming (be it physical (Golf) or intellectual (Chess))... but it's not a sport, atleast not for me.

Wathched a bit of it live in the wee hours of this morning.....
OMG, what a buncha stereotypical nerds, both on stage and in the audience...:eek:
It was pitiful...:D

you mad bro?

Sure the winners don't think so with the cash they won...probably more than you will make in a long time..

To anyone else does this seem like a I am big in Japan scenario. 40k sold out in South Korea does not seem like much a stretch they pulled over a 100k for a Starcraft match back in '05 not saying its not impressive but not like breaking any records either. What Riot has to do is somehow get better talented players in the western scene to compete with the asians another finals and no one from Europe or NA.

Back