Apple Accidentally Leaks iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wonder if Apple is going to fine itself $50 million for this leak. :D

While the leak may seem like a careless mistake, the more cynical out there will note that this happened just moments after Google announced its latest Nexus devices. It might be a coincidence, or the notoriously media savvy company might be trying to push the competition out of the news cycle as fast as possible.

Apple has been getting very careless. The iOS 8 launch, now this. Ever company makes mistakes, some are way worse then a leak and a failed launch, but this is very out of the ordinary for Apple.

Hard to tell if this was carelessness or just the cutthroat marketing used by all the other companies ... the announcements under Jobs were all about the show (books have been written about using Jobs as a model for presentations) ... once Jobs wasn't in the mix the announcements aren't as showy as they used to be and none of the presenters really bring Jobs level of charisma to the auditorium ... a day before the announcement leak (especially where it supersedes a competitor's announcement) doesn't impact their show since all the people are already coming to touch the new toy, but it can definitely steal the press of the device they superseded ;)

And once they do, it'll be reported as profit on the books! "We made a $50 million profit from fining ourselves!"

And then claim a tax write off for the $50 million voluntary payment and actually claim $100 million of combined revenue. Oh wait I forgot Apple pays no taxes.
Source

Apple has been slipping a lot. iOS8 is still full of bugs. Steve Jobs would have fired people by now.
Product slips are not their style. It's all about the build up and release. (Uh - that sounds like a movie I watched once...)

Well, everyone already knew what they were going to be announcing. I had no idea it was already happening tomorrow, though.

I wonder if they fixed the horrible color rendition of the iPad Mini ?

Back