Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Review Round-Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News has rounded-up over a dozen links to reviews of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. If you want the low-down on the game before parting ways with your hard earned money, you are in the right place.

In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, fans can play as one of four all-new character classes, each with distinct play-styles and personalities, including Nisha the Lawbringer, Athena the Gladiator, Wilhelm the Enforcer, and Claptrap the Fragtrap. This cast of unlikely heroes embarks on a quest to fight alongside Handsome Jack as he tries to save Pandora’s moon. Throughout all of the mayhem, players will experience Jack’s rise to power and witness him becoming the megalomaniacal tyrant fans loved to hate in Borderlands 2.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Press Release Round-Up

FTFY :)

Hehe that is certainly true of some review sites. 7 from Polygon - not exactly a great endorsement.

Personally I will skip the bouncy bouncy Borderlands gun play. Its a gimmick.

I thought I wasn't going to like it but pre-ordered it off of GMG for $45 because all my friends wanted to play...
Oh my god its so fun. Seriously, thought I'd hate the o2 bit but its a nice new mechanic and something you really don't have to worry about too much. Most enemies dump o2 canisters as they die and cracks are everywhere so you can stand somewhere a second and fill up, no problems. The extended jumping and o2 hovering is a nice twist.
Only thing I haven't figured out yet is which new vault hunter fits me best, I've always played the healer so it was Rolland in the 1st and Maya in the 2nd.

No way I'm paying AAA prices for last gen game. This is at best a steam sale.

59.99?!

Not paying that for a PC game, get real.

Looks like I'll have to wait till the christmas Steam sale on that one.

I like how nothing in Borderlands is actually funny.

This game is part of an NVidia bundle I think. I bought a code on CAG for $30

I was full of pessimism and bile about of it being a glorified BL2 mod. But started playing it anyway because I love the series. Lo and behold Im actually enjoying the damn thing. 8/10 so far, co-op with friends is a blast too. Sometimes it pays to have low expectations.

Yeah, the game completely lost me when they introduced Tiny Tina,

FUck that was annoying.

Damn... And I here I thought tiny Tina was hilarious.

I just finished the main story on BL2,im starting the DLC and finishing a bunch of side missions and then I'll pick up the prequel.

I bought the game yesterday. I haven't played it yet though. Is it worth it to get the season pass? Or should I just wait until they discount the season pass massively.

I bought the game yesterday. I haven't played it yet though. Is it worth it to get the season pass? Or should I just wait until they discount the season pass massively.

Could just be my luck but I've always picked up the games at massive discounts but have NEVER seen the season pass discounted one red cent.

If you're going to be playing single player, then hold off.
if you're playing with friends watch Wal-Mart, Steam, Amazon and Green Man gaming (or cheapshark.com) for a deal.

Back