Windows 95 Runs on Android Wear Device

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A 16 year old kid has proven once again that if you have enough time on your hands you can possibly accomplish something useful, or in this case, just something. :D Corbin Davenport took his Samsung Smartwatch and installed Windows 95 on it, posting a video of the results. Useful? Not really. Impressive? Very. :cool:

The Windows 95 on Android Wear device did not run smoothly as pointed out by Corbin, it lags and very slow, he also pointed out that the O.S runs out of RAM after opening an application, but so far the menu works, and you can move the mouse pointer by just touching the screen.

Shocker ;)

Reminds me a lot of the original Windows 95. It didn't run smoothly, it lagged, was very slow and also ran out of RAM. :D

16 year old? So born in 1998... he wasn't even alive when this was out.

Starting to feel old...

I'm going back to my 1981 BBC Micro emulator on my android..

I got several take away's from this.

1) Win 95 runs on a smartwatch about as well (bad) as it did on a PC back then.
2) Smart watches are still thus far useless.
3) He can reprogram a watch to run an OS not designed for it, but somehow can't use basic editing software to not have his music brain rattling loud compared to basically every other youtube vid..

:D

But can it play Metal & Lace: Battle of the Robo Babes?

303672_front.jpg

I swear I remember seeing that at Software Etc back in the early 90s. That or Babbage's.

I just can't bring myself to spend $200+ on a glorified watch with a rubber arm band...
Really?
Is it going to bankrupt your assess to use leather with a clasp or even cloth with velcro?

I just can't bring myself to spend $200+ on a glorified watch with a rubber arm band...
Really?
Is it going to bankrupt your assess to use leather with a clasp or even cloth with velcro?

Metal > Leather > Rubber >Cloth...not sure why you would classify cloth over rubber when a well made rubber bracelet is somewhat decent. Of course that still doesn't justify rubber on a $200+ watch, but still that rubber != the crap on a $5 casio. Cloth however is bottom of the barrel.

Back on topic..Actually this surprises me more than a little bit now that I have chewed on it a couple days. I am surprised that Win 95 is even remotely functional on this given the fact that the drivers should not be there at all. The video driver above all shouldn't work...Would be interested to know how he actually pulled this.

Back on topic..Actually this surprises me more than a little bit now that I have chewed on it a couple days. I am surprised that Win 95 is even remotely functional on this given the fact that the drivers should not be there at all. The video driver above all shouldn't work...Would be interested to know how he actually pulled this.
He installed an Android version of DOSBox from the Play Store. So once DOS was running, the Win 95 runs within that Virtual Environment.

16 year old? So born in 1998...

You missed the funnier part of this story.

He is 16, born in 1998. His name is Corbin Davenport.

The Fifth Element came out in 1997. About 9 months before he was born.

The name of Bruce Willis' character? Corbin (Korben according to imdb) Dallas

I know what his parents like!

Metal > Leather > Rubber >Cloth...not sure why you would classify cloth over rubber when a well made rubber bracelet is somewhat decent. Of course that still doesn't justify rubber on a $200+ watch, but still that rubber != the crap on a $5 casio. Cloth however is bottom of the barrel.

For one I break out if I have any type of rubber or plastic touching my skin for more than a few minutes, and for two a nice, heavy duty cloth band like on an Armitage or Timex looks nice and holds up better.
Forgive me if I don't go after the expensive watches, I'm used to getting them destroyed on the job pretty easy from the past and I just kind of got comfortable with them (Armitage/ Timex).

For one I break out if I have any type of rubber or plastic touching my skin for more than a few minutes, and for two a nice, heavy duty cloth band like on an Armitage or Timex looks nice and holds up better.
Forgive me if I don't go after the expensive watches, I'm used to getting them destroyed on the job pretty easy from the past and I just kind of got comfortable with them (Armitage/ Timex).

Ok that's fine, but we are talking about two entirely different levels of quality here. The rubber on a high end watch is in no way equal to the rubber on your typical Armitage/timex. You break out with it, I get that that however is a personal issue not a quality issue. Cloth is still absolute bottom of the barrel. Again though, I dislike rubber in general and if I'm wearing a nice watch you can bet your last dollar it isn't going to be rubber. The "Only" exception i might make is for a dive watch and even then my one dive watch has a metal bracelet (admitting I wear it more for style than function here) but that is the one exception I can think of on an actual high end watch.

Now I should clarify, I don't consider any "Smart" watch high end. I was simply pointing out there is a pretty stark difference in the compounds used in expensive rubber bracelets vs low end.

Ok that's fine, but we are talking about two entirely different levels of quality here. The rubber on a high end watch is in no way equal to the rubber on your typical Armitage/timex. You break out with it, I get that that however is a personal issue not a quality issue. Cloth is still absolute bottom of the barrel. Again though, I dislike rubber in general and if I'm wearing a nice watch you can bet your last dollar it isn't going to be rubber. The "Only" exception i might make is for a dive watch and even then my one dive watch has a metal bracelet (admitting I wear it more for style than function here) but that is the one exception I can think of on an actual high end watch.

Now I should clarify, I don't consider any "Smart" watch high end. I was simply pointing out there is a pretty stark difference in the compounds used in expensive rubber bracelets vs low end.

Looks like you are talking about cotton/poly shit right?
Clearly you aren't talking about classifying hemp as "cloth" in your definition right?
right?

All he's doing is running DOSBox on it (from the PlayStore) and emulating it, which is also why it runs like shit. Whoopdy do

Looks like you are talking about cotton/poly shit right?
Clearly you aren't talking about classifying hemp as "cloth" in your definition right?
right?

I was referring to cotton/poly yes, however you mentioned hemp as a watchband which was something I never heard of. So a quick google and..I'll include that as well because those are just as cheap and obviously shitty as cotton/poly. Not sure what you wanted to prove there. You aren't going to be seeing a hemp watchband on any form of a quality watch.

Back