The Evil Within TGS Trailer

Based on what is shown happening and what the guy says, it sounds like this might be taking place inside the mind of a criminal. Sort of like the movie "The Cell".

I meant more as the premise, hopefully not in the execution. The title name even makes sense with the theory.

Looks like the Dishonored engine. I'll pass on it until it hits bargain basement. Dishonored was fun, but looked like crap. This game looks identical. Every time that I try to play Dishonored I look around the game world, get mad, and cut it off. If I wait for this one to get cheap, then I won't be disappointed.

The graphics definitely appear to not be spectacular but hopefully they'll make up for it with terrifying gameplay and a great story and, most importantly, good audio.

The only thing compelling about that was Clair de Lune :(

Agreed. Graphics were great, and yet it looked terrifyingly awful.

I don't play games like that for the same reason I don't watch Criminal Minds. There's a point where, even if I know it exists, I don't want to know the extent of evil. I'd rather spend my time thinking about (and being part of) good. Be it real world, acting, or gaming.

Bethesda? Mandatory wait till bargain bin + mod community fixes all their bugs.

Looks like the Dishonored engine. I'll pass on it until it hits bargain basement. Dishonored was fun, but looked like crap. This game looks identical. Every time that I try to play Dishonored I look around the game world, get mad, and cut it off. If I wait for this one to get cheap, then I won't be disappointed.
So you really bought Dishonored without having a clue about what it looked like? Other than some low res textures I thought Dishonored looked just fine and the style fit the game fine. And since you dont seem to do much research before buying games, The Evil Within uses the id Tech5 engine like in Wolfenstein and RAGE.

Looks interesting, but not sure it's something I'll enjoy. I'll wait for reviews, bug patches, etc. before dropping $ **IF** I decide to buy it.

Bethesda? Mandatory wait till bargain bin + mod community fixes all their bugs.

This exactly. Because we all well and know that there will be a good graphics overhaul by some person that was not fine with the same engine that has been shoved down our throats since oblivion.

I'll keep an open mind but I'm definitely not going to preorder or buy it right away. i'll wait for some reviews and feedback.

Pretty sure this is going to be good since it was spearheaded by the creator of biohazard/Resident Evil.

Not Bethesda, Tango Gameworks with Shinji Mikami. Anything with Mikami is typically great and a day one for me.
Never seen nor played a game that had fluid from controls from this guy. Only thing I can think of.

Never seen nor played a game that had fluid from controls from this guy. Only thing I can think of.

Vanquish, one of the best 3rd person shooters I've played last gen. Resident Evil 4 where he reinvented survival horror.

Agreed. Graphics were great, and yet it looked terrifyingly awful.

I don't play games like that for the same reason I don't watch Criminal Minds. There's a point where, even if I know it exists, I don't want to know the extent of evil. I'd rather spend my time thinking about (and being part of) good. Be it real world, acting, or gaming.

Funny, I'm the same way.
I like being the good guy in the white hat.
I never harvested the little sisters, always took them home. ;)

It looked pretty scary to me.....kinda reminds me of silent hill a little. I'd buy it, I love horror games, especially the more gore and creepy type, where its some sick twisted wacko in the end with some 'dark' powers...and if I am involved being manipulated like a puppet.

Count me in.:D

giphy.gif

I8kq0uJ.gif

100734-nope3.gif

What do I think?

Considering I saw zero gameplay, right now the game registers at "I don't give a fuck"

Trailers all suck, never buy into trailers

Back