ASUS STRIX GTX 750 Ti OC Edition Video Card Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS STRIX GTX 750 Ti OC Edition Video Card Review - Rounding out our look at ASUS' new STRIX technology we have another STRIX capable video card on our test bench today, this time based on the GTX 750 Ti GPU. We will take the ASUS STRIX GTX 750 Ti OC Edition and test it against an AMD Radeon R9 270 and AMD Radeon R9 265 to see what reigns supreme under $200.

Very thorough review. I have never thought of the 750 as a card that a "gamer" would buy unless you had major power and size constraints. At a comparable price point, I think the AMD cards are better performing. One thing I am curious about is the size of this card. I have seen some of these 750s that are pretty small, and would be good for a really compact system.
Overall - this review just reinforced my opinion of these cards (750s) in general.

Very thorough review. I have never thought of the 750 as a card that a "gamer" would buy unless you had major power and size constraints. At a comparable price point, I think the AMD cards are better performing. One thing I am curious about is the size of this card. I have seen some of these 750s that are pretty small, and would be good for a really compact system.
Overall - this review just reinforced my opinion of these cards (750s) in general.

Stacking the cards up from this review, the STRIX 750 Ti is about an inch shorter than the ASUS GTX 750 Ti DirectCU II OC, Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X and the ASUS R7 270 Direct CU II. One of my first impressions opening the box is that it was a very small card and could probably be classified as "cute" (especially compared to the cards we typically review). However, the PNY 750 Ti XLR8 that we reviewed appears to be about an inch shorter than the STRIX (based on reported measurement - I don't have that card in my bunker).

Can someone help me out with the height of this card please? Asus quote 12.2cm but I've been bitten by manufacturer's measurements before and don't trust what they're measuring.

What is the height from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the heatpipe?

Last edited:
Back