DirecTV Sees Smooth Path to AT&T Merger

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Reports from Reuters are confirming that the DirecTV/AT&T merger is definitely on and should be completed somewhere in the 2Q15. The deal has been reported to net DirecTV $48.5 Billion for the acquisition.

This is a unique opportunity that will redefine the video entertainment industry and create a company able to offer new bundles and deliver content to consumers across multiple screens–mobile devices, TVs, laptops, cars, and even airplanes.

If/when this happens I'm dropping my DirecTV (which I actually like), in favor of no cable/sat TV. Internet only. With all of the streaming services, NAS, etc.. I doubt I'll miss much. Except for the HD NFL. Which I'll get over.

If/when this happens I'm dropping my DirecTV (which I actually like), in favor of no cable/sat TV. Internet only. With all of the streaming services, NAS, etc.. I doubt I'll miss much. Except for the HD NFL. Which I'll get over.

This. I refuse to do any business with AT&T, ever. Horrible fucking company.

I on the other hand am not in like of DirecTV. Fucking tired of the nickle and diming that they do. Oh you want to watch HD tv signals? Well that costs extra since HD is futuristic and not the norm at all! You want to record TV? Well that'll cost you money! You want to use the equipment we give you so you can actually watch TV? That'll cost you!

And the downside? Fucking cable company does it too! So you can either go totally uncut and deal with OTA and online services (or illegal means to watch shows).

As to the NFL, all the games I really care about are played on local stations and are never blacked out.

Told the Directv CSR, "hey, I hear you guys are being bought out by AT&T...congrats, now close my account"....I refuse to give AT&T any of my business!

yeah att around here is the only good cellular provider, but they are a pita to deal with for anything else if you have issues. My friend switched from DTV to Uverse for television, and has had nothing but issues that ATT can't solve.

Back