1TB WD My Passport Wireless

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legit Reviews just published a review of the WD My Passport wireless 1TB storage drive. Overall a very positive review. If you need a wireless storage solution, this review should be of interest to you.

The My Passport Wireless comes in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities and runs $129.99, $179.99 and $219.99, respectively. Each model has a built-in rechargeable battery allowing it to power itself when you’re on the road for up to 6 hours of HD streaming on DLNA capable devices and up to 20 hours of battery life when on standby.

Chucks, there's go buying the 500GB version and popping a 2TB drive in it

Wonder what type of interface is on those drives?

I can't help but wonder why...

Wireless speeds are unlikely going to make for a very satisfactory storage solution...

Zarathustra[H];1041069902 said:
I can't help but wonder why...

Wireless speeds are unlikely going to make for a very satisfactory storage solution...

you can keep the drive in your bag and still access it with your laptop or other device without having to physically plug it in.

you can keep the drive in your bag and still access it with your laptop or other device without having to physically plug it in.

Wow.

Have we really gotten so lazy that not having to plug in a cable, something that takes a couple of seconds, is a major selling point? :p

Zarathustra[H];1041070021 said:
Wow.

Have we really gotten so lazy that not having to plug in a cable, something that takes a couple of seconds, is a major selling point? :p

it's not about being lazy, it's about convenience.
I bought a logitech bluetooth speaker for my ipad since it's a hassle to have an audio cabled tethered to the ipad.

I didn't read the press release of this drive, but it may even be able to be shared amongst multiple devices at the same time.

Zarathustra[H];1041070021 said:
Wow.

it's not about being lazy, it's about convenience.
I bought a logitech bluetooth speaker for my ipad since it's a hassle to have an audio cabled tethered to the ipad.

I didn't read the press release of this drive, but it may even be able to be shared amongst multiple devices at the same time.

Think of someone working on a plane or train and that becomes real attractive.
It still has a USB 3 port, so it's not like you couldn't use it any other way.
The SD copy/move feature would be great for digital camera users.

Back