Bill Gates ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Unlike the Menea Tu Chapa dance challenge that came before this, this ice bucket challenge wastes water when we're in a drought. People should be more considerate of the environmental impact when they start these fads.

Funny to think how I used to hate that guy so many years ago. I've grown to respect and admire that guy, his wife, and the work they do outside of Microsoft. :)

What was he doing with the propane torch?

Back in the day I had an animated gif of Bill Gates growing red horns and a pointy beard on a web page. Wish I would have kept a copy of it. It was funny.

Unlike the Menea Tu Chapa dance challenge that came before this, this ice bucket challenge wastes water when we're in a drought. People should be more considerate of the environmental impact when they start these fads.

Really?????

Umm what?... This is the perfect example.... He's pouring water on himself, while on top of a body of water. How is it wasteful to go into a lake with a bucket, a bag of ice... and dump it on yourself?! o_O

They've raised over $4 million & that number is only growing.

Why does everyone try and put a negative spin on something that's supposed to be positive & beneficial for people who are suffering. Give this a read for some more information

I take it you haven't seen Paul Bissonnette's challenge either then???

Let me guess, he wasted fuel, water & only contributed further to global warming?????

2 BIG thumbs up for a great cause & for the people who've donated to such a worthy cause.

You're right, a truly environmentally friendly philanthropist would have upped the anti and gone with a used toilet water challenge, albeit at room temperature as to not waste energy in cooling it. Certainly would have garnered more views.

Do you understand that not the whole world is in drought right now? From the river/lake/pond at his feet I am pretty sure Mr. Gates is not at this moment truly wasting water.

I was half expecting him to just say: "I don't need to throw myself no stinkin' bucket; here's my $10 million donation. But just for fun, I'll dump the bucket, bitches!" All of which he probably didn't say, but actually did.

Do you understand that not the whole world is in drought right now? From the river/lake/pond at his feet I am pretty sure Mr. Gates is not at this moment truly wasting water.
Bill lives in Northwest Washington in a suburb of Seattle and, yes, on a lake (Lake Washington).

I sure hope you are making a funny.. if not..then

Apparently you don't know how water works.

When you use it.. it doesn't just go away. You should go back to school and start in kindergarten. Of course that might be a waste of time since they really don't teach much of anything that is useful in school anymore.

And the "whole world being in a drought".. ummm.. no. And I am not the only one that would disagree with you.

I love how he pretends to draw up the plans (despite them clearly being computer drawn), and then pretends to assemble the rig using a propane torch (despite the poles being clipped together).

Nothing says "I care about ALS" quite like having someones else do all the hard work for you.

Make a (tax deductable) donation to ALS? Check. Spend the afternoon building a ice water rig? Nope, too busy counting his money.

I'm surprised he didn't pay a professional stunt-double to take that cold shower as well.

I sure hope you are making a funny.. if not..then

Apparently you don't know how water works.

When you use it.. it doesn't just go away. You should go back to school and start in kindergarten. Of course that might be a waste of time since they really don't teach much of anything that is useful in school anymore.

And the "whole world being in a drought".. ummm.. no. And I am not the only one that would disagree with you.

Minnesota had severe flooding this spring. The only places experiencing "drought" are the places where the population size has exceeded the land's ability to support it.

Just because he lives on or near a lake doesn't mean half of Washington is not in a drought status. The water obviously is from city water judging by how clear it is compared to how green the lake is. Sort of expected more originality, creativity and intelligence.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?WA
20140812_wa_none.png

I used to think he was a cold hearted a**hole in the 1990's; but given his activities after he effectivly left Microsoft, I have nothing but admiration for him. He is actually a good human being.

Back in the day I had an animated gif of Bill Gates growing red horns and a pointy beard on a web page. Wish I would have kept a copy of it. It was funny.

bill_gates.sized.gif

Next time, write a QQ letter to the city of LA for not changing out there two iron cast pipes that popped last month and wasted 20 million gallons of water a piece before you whine about people wasting water and environmental impacts.

Just because he lives on or near a lake doesn't mean half of Washington is not in a drought status. The water obviously is from city water judging by how clear it is compared to how green the lake is. Sort of expected more originality, creativity and intelligence.

You really have no idea how water "works" on this planet, do you? Either you're bad at joking or, hmm, limited.

Next time, write a QQ letter to the city of LA for not changing out there two iron cast pipes that popped last month and wasted 20 million gallons of water a piece before you whine about people wasting water and environmental impacts.

And this is definitely not the first time a pipe has popped when they asked Los Angeles residents to conserve water

Ummm, did you see he was standing on a bridge over water?

Me and some buds build a trike into a 20 MPH Space shuttle for charity (one adult). We were by far the fastest, it sold for $300. We put in about $1500. LOL, so it would have been better to just donate $1500. I hope Bill donates more than it took to build his Ice bucket system.

Yeah the handiman nerd in me went WTF with that... ummm MAPP gas (yellow container, propane is blue) on a bar does nothing... and you sure as hell didn't need the welding mask with anything you do with the torch :D

Not too impressed with billionaires daring other billionaires to do stuff that is staged and filmed. The lint from their clothes probably contains enough $ to pay for whatever cause they wanted to fully fund!! The first 16 seconds seems like a promo for the Surface 3!!

I used to think he was a cold hearted a**hole in the 1990's; but given his activities after he effectivly left Microsoft, I have nothing but admiration for him. He is actually a good human being.

Jobs coming back to Apple was the best PR ever for Gates. Before this happened, most people felt THIS way about Gates and with good reason..

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I still don't think Gates is all that charming and admirable..

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad
The Ambitions of Bill and Melinda Gates: Controlling Population and Public Education
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Invested Millions In Private Prisons
The Money, the Power and Insanity of Bill Gates ~ The Planned Parenthood Depopulation Agenda
Bill Gates: ‘Some days I wish we had a system like the UK’ to give Obama more power"
Bill Gates - the world's health dictator
Gates Foundation financed PBS education programming which promoted Microsoft's interests
Deceased Hedge Fund Manager Refused To Join Bill Gates’ "Worthless" Giving Pledge

For a guy who supposedly is giving away his money, he gained $7 BILLION between 2013 and 2014 (Microsoft makes up less than 20 percent of his total fortune).

Damn it, people! Don't you get it? It's a whole bucket of water! He could have made soup!

Every time I see somebody do something for charity and/or raising awareness, it never fails to see people QQing about how they go about it. And in return all it does is make me want to do something out of spite.

Every time I see somebody do something for charity and/or raising awareness, it never fails to see people QQing about how they go about it. And in return all it does is make me want to do something out of spite.

In all honesty I expected more QQ'ing in this thread then there really is. Just two major troll posts.

Makes me feel stabby

Since when is raising millions of dollars for research a fad?

Not too impressed with billionaires daring other billionaires to do stuff that is staged and filmed. The lint from their clothes probably contains enough $ to pay for whatever cause they wanted to fully fund!! The first 16 seconds seems like a promo for the Surface 3!!

Jobs coming back to Apple was the best PR ever for Gates. Before this happened, most people felt THIS way about Gates and with good reason..

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I still don't think Gates is all that charming and admirable..

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad
The Ambitions of Bill and Melinda Gates: Controlling Population and Public Education
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Invested Millions In Private Prisons
The Money, the Power and Insanity of Bill Gates ~ The Planned Parenthood Depopulation Agenda
Bill Gates: ‘Some days I wish we had a system like the UK’ to give Obama more power"
Bill Gates - the world's health dictator
Gates Foundation financed PBS education programming which promoted Microsoft's interests
Deceased Hedge Fund Manager Refused To Join Bill Gates’ "Worthless" Giving Pledge

For a guy who supposedly is giving away his money, he gained $7 BILLION between 2013 and 2014 (Microsoft makes up less than 20 percent of his total fortune).
Didn't take long for some conservatroll to compare Bill Gates to Hitler, Nazi Germany, and etc. Fact is, he has done more for the world than just about any conservative.
I think I will go make a donation to Planned Parenthood with your username right now. Its something I do when I see conservatrolls posting hate

I love how he pretends to draw up the plans (despite them clearly being computer drawn), and then pretends to assemble the rig using a propane torch (despite the poles being clipped together).

Nothing says "I care about ALS" quite like having someones else do all the hard work for you.

Make a (tax deductable) donation to ALS? Check. Spend the afternoon building a ice water rig? Nope, too busy counting his money.

I'm surprised he didn't pay a professional stunt-double to take that cold shower as well.

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be obvious/humorous. Congrats on your moral outrage.

Back