HGST Rolls out New PCIe SSD That Provide Industry-leading I/O Performance

HardOCP News

[H] News
HGST, a Western Digital company, today announced the launch of its new FlashMAX® III family of PCIe accelerators, which deliver a dramatic improvement in price/performance for today’s most demanding database and cloud workloads. Also introduced today is the new HGST ServerCache™ software that allows IT administrators to inject acceleration into their existing storage infrastructure by quickly and easily deploying a hybrid flash environment with any SSD.

HGST’s new FlashMAX III PCIe SSD and ServerCache software are suited for performance-intensive applications including databases, SQL servers, data warehouses, big data deployment and video post-production applications. Each address distinct needs for flash storage solutions based on performance, capacity, cost and deployment time requirements.

I wonder what the prices is? But then again, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it. :D

I'll assume these will be for those with deep pockets, IE enterprise.
Not something grandpa will have in his system.

It's good to see advancements happening as NAND has a limit and engineers know this thus they are looking at different technologies.

Back