Surface Pro 3's Core i3 and Core i7 Models Now Available

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Surface Pro 3’s lineup is now complete with the introduction of Core i3 and Core i7 models now available for purchase. If you have been waiting on the Core i7 to be available, hopefully you have been saving your change, the top of the line i7 model goes for a whopping $1949. :eek:

As you might have guessed, the Core i3 version is the cheapest, while the Core i7 models are the most expensive.

High prices and high temps. I've read where a LOT of people say the I5 is the sweet spot, the I7 actually benchmarks slower because it throttles so much.

The Surface Pro 2 was Microsoft's best tablet design for cooling (duel fan), it didn't throttle for me. Screen was just WAY too small for the DPI.

I'd love to have one, but not while they cost way more than an equivalent laptop, even before you add in the cost of the keyboard cover.

The repairability of these bother me. Obviously if I could go without opening it I probably wouldn't, but when shit breaks down post-warranty, the ability to go in and replace parts myself with some degree of ease would be ideal. Case in point: my current laptop. I never wanted to open it again after I installed and set everything up, but I've since had to open it close to a half dozen times due to stuff breaking, including the chassis itself (there's quite a bit of superglue holding things together right now). One could argue that a lot of parts being sealed in with glue at the factory might prevent things like plastic standoffs from breaking off (or the need for standoffs to begin with), but I don't really want that at the cost of repairability.

Back