GameStop Offering A High Interest Rate Credit Card?

wow thats pretty bad
wonder how bad of credit you can have and still get a card

Didn't WoW have a CC? Nothing screams virgin like WoW CC.

27% is awesome, why pay only $30 extra for console games when thanks to GameStop you cam pay much much more?

Thats a misleading post.

You only pay more if you don't pay your bill off every cycle.

My wife and I spend every dollar on our CC and never pay a cent of interest...and we get a fuckton of airline miles. So many that last year one of us flew to Italy for free, round trip.

Thats a misleading post.

You only pay more if you don't pay your bill off every cycle.

My wife and I spend every dollar on our CC and never pay a cent of interest...and we get a fuckton of airline miles. So many that last year one of us flew to Italy for free, round trip.

That is NOT a misleading post, thats how every interest rate on cards function

It is to someone who doesn't understand paying off on time = no interest. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't understand this concept.

I wonder what type of unholy regulatory nightmare they will unleash when they allow trade ins to be applied to your outstanding card balance.

Practically an entirely closed loop for the poor and dumb to be exploited.

Didn't click the link, but I am curious if it offers and kind of incentives or rewards.

The only branded credit card I have is Amazon. Also, Newegg, but I pretend that doesn't exist.

The only branded credit card I have is Amazon. Also, Newegg, but I pretend that doesn't exist.

I have an Amazon rewards card as well. I use it for the 3% cash back on Amazon.com purchases and the 2% cash back on drug stores, restaurants & gas purchases.

Umm, no that's not how interest rates on credit cards function. You can spend $50,000 a year on a credit card and pay $0 interest as long as you pay off the balance like any other bill an adult has.

Now if you don't pay the balance every month and just irresponsibly spend more than you can actually afford, then you get screwed with interest.

Umm, no that's not how interest rates on credit cards function. You can spend $50,000 a year on a credit card and pay $0 interest as long as you pay off the balance like any other bill an adult has.

Now if you don't pay the balance every month and just irresponsibly spend more than you can actually afford, then you get screwed with interest.

And the point really being that this card has a VERY high interest rate.

since it is approved for everyone that is a reward member, it is actually a good thing for some people.

like honestly since i have never ever had a real job, i likely can not get a credit card if i wanted too even if i had the money to pay it off without interest, if i could go into game stop get one of these shitty interest cards and as long as i paid it off without going past any deadline i could tech increase my non existent credit score over time.

i have tried to sign up for an amazon card even a newegg one and get rejected every time because they can not find any credit history on me lol. so if i wanted too i could actually get in the credit database using one of these but i kinda like being off grid doing nothing with my life lol.

Credit card is a good way to build your credit and an even better way to ruin it.

I pay for everything I can with a CC, from gas, bills, even if I want a pack of gum from the quickie mart -- CC.

The main difference between myself and the majority of americans, is I treat the card like cash. I pay the bastard of EVERY month, no matter how much it hurts to see X amount of dollars vanish from my account.

1% cashback on my Chase Freedom, 5% on various things during the year with my Discover. (gas right now for the next 3 month -- just paid $2.99 + 5% cashback (effectively making what I pay per gallon $2.84, yes, that's right)

I understand Gamestop is in the business to make money, fair enough. But the type of person that will purposefully go out and get a GameStop credit card, wouldn't strike me as the smartest of people.

you either understand how CC's work, or you don't. Sad fact is most people think it's a license to spend and not worry about it for 30 days. They see the minimum payment of 50 dollars and just keep putting it off, fucking themselves harder and harder. Even someone in credit card debt due to some sort of crazy circumstances will be able to recover easily once life settles down (I was in this boat several years ago due to a job loss) Now I can have any CC I want with almost any limit I want (honestly though, I don't need a CC with more than a 5K limit, because REALLY? why the hell would I want something stupid like a 50K limit?

Makes business sense. People preorder their games and get hit with interest once or twice before the game gets released. Once they have the game in their hand they remember to pay it off.

I pay for everything I can with a CC, from gas, bills, even if I want a pack of gum from the quickie mart -- CC.

The main difference between myself and the majority of americans, is I treat the card like cash. I pay the bastard of EVERY month, no matter how much it hurts to see X amount of dollars vanish from my account.

1% cashback on my Chase Freedom, 5% on various things during the year with my Discover. (gas right now for the next 3 month -- just paid $2.99 + 5% cashback (effectively making what I pay per gallon $2.84, yes, that's right)

I understand Gamestop is in the business to make money, fair enough. But the type of person that will purposefully go out and get a GameStop credit card, wouldn't strike me as the smartest of people.

you either understand how CC's work, or you don't. Sad fact is most people think it's a license to spend and not worry about it for 30 days. They see the minimum payment of 50 dollars and just keep putting it off, fucking themselves harder and harder. Even someone in credit card debt due to some sort of crazy circumstances will be able to recover easily once life settles down (I was in this boat several years ago due to a job loss) Now I can have any CC I want with almost any limit I want (honestly though, I don't need a CC with more than a 5K limit, because REALLY? why the hell would I want something stupid like a 50K limit?

Gamestop is just getting desperate because they know that the days of gouging people for preowned games is slowly but surely coming to an end. It is possible that this could be the last generation of consoles that will nearly exclusively depend on physical media. The next generation will likely still use physical media, but electronic distribution as well as trading will likely be the norm.

It is possible that this could be the last generation of consoles that will nearly exclusively depend on physical media. The next generation will likely still use physical media, but electronic distribution as well as trading will likely be the norm.

Poor choice of words and using nearly doesn't make it better. Even last generation wasn't exclusive to physical media.

Mostly physical media? Sure. No where near exclusively though.

Predatory lending at its finest. It's a well known fact that high interest rates are designed to mitigate the risk of unreliable borrowers, hence this card is intended for idiots and to exploit their idiocy with high rates with the expectation that the borrower fails to pay it in full.

now they only need to change one letter in their commercial:

POWER TO THE PAYERS!

Credit card standard rate in my country is 36%. Glad I don't owe a cent (yet).

like honestly since i have never ever had a real job, i likely can not get a credit card if i wanted too even if i had the money to pay it off without interest, if i could go into game stop get one of these shitty interest cards and as long as i paid it off without going past any deadline i could tech increase my non existent credit score over time.

i have tried to sign up for an amazon card even a newegg one and get rejected every time because they can not find any credit history on me lol. so if i wanted too i could actually get in the credit database using one of these but i kinda like being off grid doing nothing with my life lol.

Capital One - try for one of the lower tier cards and work your way up. I used to have no credit like you, just put everything on my Paypal Debit card because I had the grandfathered one that gave 1.5% cash back. Then I decided I needed to build credit. Capital One was the easiest to get. Then Citi is 2nd easiest, Discover is 3rd, American Express is 4th, and Chase can be the hardest on their best cards (like the Ink line).

Always pay in full at the end of the month, never buy what you wouldn't have bought anyway, and always read the cardholder booklet to know what benefits you have with the card. I got $150 back from Chase because I bought a phone from Verizon off contract, they dropped the price $150 about 2-3 months later and my card had a price drop guarantee. They also frequently have free roadside assistance, free warranty extension, etc.

Outside of Elder Scrolls pre-orders (because talking to a group of 500+ total strangers for hours at a time about your and they're #1 favorite all time game franchise is an experience in itself) I've no reason to buy ANYTHING from those shiesty bastards.

Back