Doom LAN Party Held High On a Mountain

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Many gamers like to get high and play, but these LANers took the challenge to new heights, literally. Several weeks ago, the group scaled Mount Elbert, near Leadville Colorado, the second highest peak in the US (14,440’) and settled in to play a little Doom. In doing so, the group set a new record for the highest LAN party ever, at least altitude wise. :D Thanks to forum member Railhaus for the linkage.

lan party with notebooks in the glaring sun without tables.
what a shitty lan party if ive ever seen one, hardly fit to bear the name ;)

There is a z-order problem with the web page - the adverts appear over the video on the right-hand side.

Surely this was more about PR than anything else. Glad to see everyone got some exercise

Oh I'm out of breath =) Linus should of reviewed a case up there would of been more interesting.

Even though I could see a plane beating this record, its cool to see new creative things being done. I doubt there is much competition in the highest altitude LAN party world.

I've played a game, Total annihilation over wifi in a jet years ago. Oops guess I shouldn't say that. So I played at 34,000 feet or so around 2008. Now with wifi on planes, should be easy.

Given that there's Wifi and 3G at Everest Base Camp, I'm not sure this is record that will stand for long.

Back