Teenager Races Against Deceased Father's Ghost

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't care who you are, this is definitely one of those stories that will bring a tear to your eye. Thanks to Ocean for the link.

You know, when a time race happens, that the fastest lap so far gets recorded as a ghost driver? yep, you guessed it - his ghost still rolls around the track today. and so i played and played, and played, untill i was almost able to beat the ghost. until one day i got ahead of it, i surpassed it, and...i stopped right in front of the finish line, just to ensure i wouldnt delete it.

Thought that was pretty cool to read. Just hope that xbox doesn't rrod on him

In Borderlands 2 you got this Michael character I don't think I seen him in my 2-3 playthoughs but haven't looked for him that hard.

Michael was a HUGE Borderlands 1 fan but he passed away so his friend convinced Gearbox to put him in the game so they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoYSX6kgPE

Thought that was pretty cool to read. Just hope that xbox doesn't rrod on him

It's an original xbox so I don't think that should be a problem. The only thing that might happen is the disc drive breaks, I think that was one of the issues. I do remember that game though, used to play it with my brother when we got the xbox for christmas. Such a fun game.

This made the rounds on Reddit months ago, funny it still has legs. AFAIK it was debunked as a myth/chain letter.

What an awesome story. Its a nice change from all Video games cause negative this and that articles.

meme_don__t_let_them_see_you_cry_old_boy_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vriu.png

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the article and the racing game was RalliSport Challenge. I don't care what anyone says, RalliSport Challenge 2 is the greatest racer of all time.

DICE needs to stop making these shitty Battlefield games and make a spiritual successor to RalliSport.

In Borderlands 2 you got this Michael character I don't think I seen him in my 2-3 playthoughs but haven't looked for him that hard.

His BL2 character has a 10% chance to be there on every Sanctuary visit. Gives you a free weapon too.

This made the rounds on Reddit months ago, funny it still has legs. AFAIK it was debunked as a myth/chain letter.

Can you please give us a link to this!! I just did a few Google and reddit searches and the only stories about this that show up at either place are only a few days old.. nothing from months ago. It is a nice story so would be interesting to know if it was true or not.

Here is the YouTube video where the comment below (posted ONLY a month ago) originated..

ghost_dad.jpg

A few of the 116 YouTube comments below this post do mention finding out about this story from some other sources.. "I saw the news from Taiwan" & "I come across to read this story from the Hong Kong Internet newspaper" so perhaps this story is older than just a month or so. For some reason this story got picked up during the past couple of days as mentions of "Yahoo Autos", "RoadAndTrack.com", a Spanish website and other places are given. No mention of this not being a true story except that to a few it sounded like something from the 2008 "Speed Racer" movie.

Can you please give us a link to this!! I just did a few Google and reddit searches and the only stories about this that show up at either place are only a few days old.. nothing from months ago. It is a nice story so would be interesting to know if it was true or not.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27eh94/ghost_car/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27aufs/feels/

This is apparently the plot of the 2008 speed racer movie(from comments). There is an animal crossing comic like this story, I also believe there is a greentext of a story just like this but with super mario kart from a while ago.

Would be nice to believe the story, but knowing the internet its probably made up to get fake internet points.

Can you please give us a link to this!! I just did a few Google and reddit searches and the only stories about this that show up at either place are only a few days old.. nothing from months ago.

Check my post directly above this one. When you search Google, go to Search Tools, then click Any Time and select Custom. Leave the From box empty and set the To box to something like July 1st.

Kind of wish I had something like this with my grandfather, since he raised me, no dad worth mentioning.
All I've got is doing things he did with me with the nephews and nieces like pressing apple cider on his old press or teaching them how to drive on the John Deer tractor.

Thanks guys for the additional info. I cared for about half an hour after reading Steve's posting.. but I am past it now except to say that we know the kid who is claiming this is on YouTube so, if real, would be a simple matter of him putting up a video of this "ghost car" in action. Plus video of the game cartridge in action and perhaps video of any screen on the game that has a saved date of that race.

True story, made up story, it doesn't really matter, the message was pretty damn cool. :)

Geez.. don't go there Steve. Yes, a "pretty damn cool" message IF TRUE!! Nothing more than cat snot if false!!

Example..

Steve Lynch, while renovating his Camaro, finds tucked under the rear seat, bra worn by Janet Leigh during filming of the movie "Psycho". Here is Steve modeling the lost relic..

man_bra.jpg

Pretty damn cool story!! Is it true.. mmm.. NO. But still.. pretty damn cool story.. and apparently that is all that matters!!

cool_story_bro_2_zps43d8efbb.jpg

^ Holy shit, are you for real?? This is [H], save the extreme hating for YouTube or something.

Anyway, I think it's a cool message as well.

My pops was a pretty serious chess player. I have his speed chess clock here and it hasn't been used in 15 or 20 years. Accidentally hit the button it's been sitting on the other day and it started ticking. Must have been his turn because he always won at speed chess. I let it run out.

Back