Quote of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Normally we don't cover stuff like this but this is just "tech related" enough (and funny as hell) to post.

One example: As the investigation puts it, “a large blue and gold penis was painted on the roof of the center point trailer at the Blue Angels’ winter training facilities in El Centro.” It was so large, it was “visible from satellite imagery,” including those used on Google Maps.

So sick of crap like this.
The Blue Angels really need to come under all this scrutiny because ah, er, um... Who gives a rats ass?

I saw them at an air show a few years ago and whatever they are off the air strip they are completely professional and respectful during their shows.

That being said if you have never seen them try and find a way because it will blow your mind.

crap, I was wanting to see the painting on the roof, but they have not pictures linked. Quick someone google map it and see if it's still there. that is funny as hell.

Unfortunately, it appears the offensive art has been removed from the rooftops, Looking at google maps satellite imagery, all the rooftops are pristine and phallus free.

so here's a group of super precise fighter pilots that if one of that has a bad day could kill multiple people, and yeah we don't want them to act childish and juvenile in their downtime... fucking morons.

crap, I was wanting to see the painting on the roof, but they have not pictures linked. Quick someone google map it and see if it's still there. that is funny as hell.
Unfortunately, it appears the offensive art has been removed from the rooftops, Looking at google maps satellite imagery, all the rooftops are pristine and phallus free.
If it was there, it seems that the whole internet appeared to have missed this and no one has seem to have taken any screen captures of this. Google or Bing image searches yields me nothing.

Couldn't find it either. My search history is going to look great:

Penis
Painted Penis
Blue Angel Penis
Blue and Gold Penis
Penis Viewable From Space
Penis, Penis, Penis LOL!

:eek:

Couldn't find it either. My search history is going to look great:

Penis
Painted Penis
Blue Angel Penis
Blue and Gold Penis
Penis Viewable From Space
Penis, Penis, Penis LOL!

:eek:

Some of those don't seem aimed at finding "Blue angel rooftop penis art"... :p

so here's a group of super precise fighter pilots that if one of that has a bad day could kill multiple people, and yeah we don't want them to act childish and juvenile in their downtime... fucking morons.

Yup. Fake moral outrage is getting tiresome. It's just like some preacher going on about the sins of homosexuality and then being found paying for gay sex.

Who the fuck cares if these guys did some spray paint pranking.

Yup. Fake moral outrage is getting tiresome. It's just like some preacher going on about the sins of homosexuality and then being found paying for gay sex.

Who the fuck cares if these guys did some spray paint pranking.

The US Navy cares since it is their property.

The US Navy cares since it is their property.

Then the Navy can think up some suitable punishment. Outside observers and their exaggerated moral outrage can go DIAF. "Oh my word I'm never taking my kids to see the blue angels again", etc.

Then the Navy can think up some suitable punishment. Outside observers and their exaggerated moral outrage can go DIAF. "Oh my word I'm never taking my kids to see the blue angels again", etc.

Which is exactly what happened..the Navy dismissed the commanding officer and took their actions. Read the article, it says quite clearly what the navy did. Anything outside of that is media fluff and honestly does anyone with a brain care what drivel a journalist is writing?

While these men MAY have the ability to kill a lot of people in a WAR ZONE, the American people are never in danger by this squadron unless the pilot loses control or kamikazes it into the stands. These are weapons of war, yes, but they are never armed during demonstrations and the munitions these planes use can't just be picked up at the local gun shop. It takes authorization to get munitions out of the weapons stores, a crew to transport and mount them onto the aircraft. It would effectively take an entire airfield of people going bat shit crazy for one of these aircraft to leave the deck armed.

Spray painting a dick on a building, especially on the roof where very few people can see it (unless its found on google maps, lol) is just harmless fun....far cry from bat shit crazy status.

Back in 1998 I was working at Boeing in Seattle and the Blue Angels were doing their practice runs. Work "accidentally" left the roof access doors open.

During one of their practice runs for their show they used our building as a turning point. While I was up on top of the roof they entered about 150 feet above the parking lot, turned 90 degrees hard to the left and I was standing there looking at nothing but rivets on the underside of their planes. Felt a bit of warmth as they tore out of the area.

I wish I had a camera then.

While these men MAY have the ability to kill a lot of people in a WAR ZONE, the American people are never in danger by this squadron unless the pilot loses control or kamikazes it into the stands. These are weapons of war, yes, but they are never armed during demonstrations and the munitions these planes use can't just be picked up at the local gun shop. It takes authorization to get munitions out of the weapons stores, a crew to transport and mount them onto the aircraft. It would effectively take an entire airfield of people going bat shit crazy for one of these aircraft to leave the deck armed.

Spray painting a dick on a building, especially on the roof where very few people can see it (unless its found on google maps, lol) is just harmless fun....far cry from bat shit crazy status.

I think you misunderstood sfsuphysics. What he meant was that these guys should be able to blow off some steam in their downtime. Keeps people healthy to be a little silly sometimes.

Back