ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at ThinkComputers have the ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer motherboard on the test bench today. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Of course being Fatal1ty-branded we know that this board is going to cater to gamers. With that said it does offer gaming features like the Killer E2200 Intelligent Networking Platform, ASRock’s Gaming Armor which has loads of features, Purity Sound 2 audio, ASRock Key Master software and you even get a 3 month premium license of XSplit to stream and broadcast your gaming skills. Is this the next motherboard for you?

Wow.. that is REALLY an offensive name. How can ASRock get away with calling a product that demeans, disparages, insults, and denigrates such a large portion of prison inmates. ASRock really needs to take "sensitivity classes". As United States Attorney General, Eric Holder recently said, "The name ought to be changed. It’s an offensive name." To echo what Holder said, ASRock, "could increase their fan base, increase their level of support, if they did something that from my perspective that is so obviously right.” Whoever runs ASRock isn't any better than Donald Sterling!! ASRock has created an hostile environment for me while I am purchasing a motherboard on Newegg.

Think of the children of those prison inmates who are incarcerated for killing someone, when they have to go to school every day and see their imprisoned father or mother boiled down to a logo, and when ... those are actually used against them in negative ways, it's pretty hard to understand how that contributes to their ability to learn successfully. This insensitivity towards other people's feelings has really got to stop!!

Screen_Shot_2013_05_08_at_2_49_38_PM_e1368039056.jpg

Qualcomm/Killer NIC = no deal. Not sure why a bunch of motherboards include it now, but it needs to end. I have an ASRock Z97 board with an Intel I218V and wouldn't have purchased this board otherwise.

Also, why does the Fatal1ty brand still exist?

Still not a huge fan of ASROCK.

My inexpensive Z97 Extreme4 works with LSI RAID cards (I had an M1015 until a couple weeks ago) when my Asus Maximus VI Hero did not, and the Asus P8P67 Pro took several BIOS updates before it worked. (The MVIH never worked with it even with latest BIOS.)

They're providing some boards with PCI-E M.2 slots capable of more than the lame 10Gbps everyone else is doing. Why even bother with PCI-E SSDs if you're only adding ~50% bandwidth? Need at least 16Gbps to be worth it.

And the board I got is one of few I saw without the stupid Killer NIC...

ASRock is actually the best brand.

ASRock makes great boards for the cost. It's who I will use when trying to save money on an upgrade. May be another year or two before I need to do that though.

I guess.

I'm just always leery of using a motherboard only marginally thicker and durable than a potato chip.

Back