Microsoft Announces Details for August Xbox One Update

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft has released details on the upcoming Xbox One update due for next month. The update focuses on improvements to the friend’s list, Blu-Ray 3-D playback, low battery notification for your controller and several additional improvements.

Funny how they still haven't built on the TV features and fixed the bugs. Here in Canada TV was nothing more than a poorly done pass through from my cable box complete with occasional audio and video dropouts, and problems passing dolby digital (even with the experimental audio setting).

I'm a little dissapointing that they seem to have abandoned this but ah well. Some of the added features in this update are really needed.

Funny how they still haven't built on the TV features and fixed the bugs. Here in Canada TV was nothing more than a poorly done pass through from my cable box complete with occasional audio and video dropouts, and problems passing dolby digital (even with the experimental audio setting).

I'm a little dissapointing that they seem to have abandoned this but ah well. Some of the added features in this update are really needed.

its ok, my PS4 hasnt been turned on since the opening week as it still doesnt support 3d bluray and has no DLNA functions still.
My ps3 gets used every day for the DLNA

its ok, my PS4 hasnt been turned on since the opening week as it still doesnt support 3d bluray and has no DLNA functions still.
My ps3 gets used every day for the DLNA

The only reason you bought a 400 dollar console is for DLNA and 3D Playback?

Sony needs to get on the ball on the OS features, they have not added anything significant other than the Video editing suite. Some of the requested features can't be that difficult to do;

3d Bluray playback
DLNA / MP3 Support
Themes
Games Folder
Ability to go straight to trophies by pressing PS button when you get a Trophy

Those are just the most requested, but still Microsoft is releasing fairly significant updates monthly. They are doing a very good job and taking user input on their request website and making it a reality.

Cudos to them for trying to do all they can.

That is correct, it is just a pass through. Which is fine, that keeps the cost down. I would hate to see the cost of the xbox one if you added in all the features for it to function as a cable box for every single company and a set top box for dish and directv.

As for drop outs and audio issues. I have ran all my other devices (directv, computer, xbox 360..) through my xbox one and never had any issues with video dropping out.

Run my media center pc w/4 tuners through mine zero issues harmony controls it all

LOL...I haven't even used my xbone for Blu-ray yet.

LOL...I haven't even used my xbone for Blu-ray yet.

I have just to get rid of one device connected to my TV. One feature I would like seen added for that is when you stop a movie and come back to it that it would remember where you left off.

not a major issue as normally I watch movies in a single sitting, but for when I don't that would be a good feature.

Back