TheGamerZ

Supreme [H]ardness
Surprised nobody posted this yet.

New 14.7 RC drivers available for download:

Download

AMD said:
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 14.7​ RC Driver for Windows

• Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 RC driver
  • AMD ​CrossFire™ and AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies​​​
  • Assassin's Creed IV - improved CrossFire scaling (3840x2160 High Settings) up to 93%
  • Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display.
  • Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
  • Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.
​​​

Just installed them. When I look under Information/software in CCC, I'm seeing 14.6 RC under Catalyst version. Botched install or 'normal'?

working as intended, AMD forgot to update the registry entry again

I've got 14.6 rc2 installed. Tried to install 14.7 RC, but it says the AMD Display Driver is the same - 14.200.1004.0000.

I've got 14.6 rc2 installed. Tried to install 14.7 RC, but it says the AMD Display Driver is the same - 14.200.1004.0000.

There has been no versioning advancement other than CCC.

Doesnt mean there aren't changes, AMD frequently doesnt bother advancing it.

The graphics corruption issue on the 290x still there. Why even bother release a new version if they didn't fix such a major bug with one of their flagship products?

The graphics corruption issue on the 290x still there. Why even bother release a new version if they didn't fix such a major bug with one of their flagship products?

Where do you see graphics corruption ?
Screen shots ?

Where do you see graphics corruption ?
Screen shots ?

In Spintires textures and objects flying around, verticles go to infiniity, and such.

See here

I know those screenes were made with 14.6, but it's the same with 14.7 as well. And the same happens in Warface for me, altough I haven't tried that one with 14.7 I went back staright to 14.4 after I saw the problem persists in Spintires.

I have no idea the history of this issue but is it possible you were at your highest possible stable overclock on 14.4 and then they released a new driver and that overclock is not stable anymore? This happens to me sometimes when I'm really pushing it.

In Spintires textures and objects flying around, verticles go to infiniity, and such.

See here

I know those screenes were made with 14.6, but it's the same with 14.7 as well. And the same happens in Warface for me, altough I haven't tried that one with 14.7 I went back staright to 14.4 after I saw the problem persists in Spintires.

same here with 7950 card

With the feedback in this thread, they probably haven't fixed the 290 BSOD problem either. >> Awesome, still going to stick with 3.12.

I have no idea the history of this issue but is it possible you were at your highest possible stable overclock on 14.4 and then they released a new driver and that overclock is not stable anymore? This happens to me sometimes when I'm really pushing it.

I'm running stock at the moment. And it's reported by a lot of people so unlikely that it's an OC issue. Unless the gpu is on the limit already at factory clocks.

I'd avoid blaming AMD for issues with a Kickstarted game using its own custom game engine... just saying.

With the feedback in this thread, they probably haven't fixed the 290 BSOD problem either. >> Awesome, still going to stick with 3.12.

Judging by your comment, you are probably going to make up a reason to not update your drivers. >> Awesome, go ahead and keep being a weirdo.

I've never had a single bluescreen from my 290x on any driver version.

Judging by your comment, you are probably going to make up a reason to not update your drivers. >> Awesome, go ahead and keep being a weirdo.

I've never had a single bluescreen from my 290x on any driver version.

I agree.I have had 4 290/X cards and not one driver has ever been a problem.
I run crossfire with a reference and non-reference cards and there so good I sold all my Nvidia 780Ti cards because the AMD cards/drivers just run better with better crossfire scaling than Nvidia SLI.

I have not experienced any issues with the latest release, but I also haven't gained any additional performance for the games I play. Currently playing Wolf new order, and the avg fps is essentially the same (lower than i thought it would be). I average 40 FPS on ultra....see rig details below if curious.

I get a black screen when the screen comes out of standby with my 290x.
Fortunately ctrl alt del brings it back.

I still get a black screen system crash when running Heaven benchmark full screen.
Windowed works fine.

Come on AMD, enough of the black screen problems, they have been going on for a long time.
You should have a handle on them by now.

I have not experienced any issues with the latest release, but I also haven't gained any additional performance for the games I play. Currently playing Wolf new order, and the avg fps is essentially the same (lower than i thought it would be). I average 40 FPS on ultra....see rig details below if curious.

That's in the neighborhood of what I'd expect out of that sort of setup. Not bleeding edge, but not a dinosaur.

Had a couple of kabooms under non-gaming usage within an hour of installing these on my 290 system. The third crash I could still move the mouse cursor around, but the system was unresponsive (couldn't even launch task manager with crl+shift+esc). Back on 14.4 again now.

Is anyone else with crossfire having issues with HD flash videos? They have this weird hitching/stutter effect. All of my 3D games are fine, seems like its a 2d issue with downclocking too much or something

Welp, mantle + crossfire + eyefinity + BF4 = still crashes constantly. Glad to see that some things never change.

Is anyone else with crossfire having issues with HD flash videos? They have this weird hitching/stutter effect. All of my 3D games are fine, seems like its a 2d issue with downclocking too much or something

No sorry I hate to be that guy without problems,running crossfire and never had any crashing on games or watching video(only use chrome/explorer browser),its been around 6-7 months.All drivers are good.

I clear CMOS on new drivers,with battery pull.(I think this helps alot)
I always disable UPLS thru third party software.(trixx/afterburner etc)
I do not use AMD overdrive ever.
I always feed my card enough voltage when overclocking memory to not have any issues.
I also used different combinations of non-reference and reference cards and different brands of cards also 290 and 290X combos.
Also different combos of TV'S,Monitors(60/144hz)
Also used Nvidia cards for Physx with AMD r9 290
That's my thing for not having problems with any of the drivers.

Last edited:

Are you using FireFox? I so, try Chrome.

Been a while now I'm running this driver, no issues for me with my crossfire 280x cards.

Never had any issues with the latest WHQL drivers. When I had 14.4 Beta, I was getting BSOD everytime I was seeing a flash video and yes I have everything you could ever think of, updated and tryed both Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc... same thing.

I went back to the latest non-beta but now I decided to give the 14.7 RC a go since an RC is suppose to be already more reliable than a beta and it's been so long since the latest official but now everytime I start a flash video, even if I can scroll with my mouse and see the thumbnails, the video stays blank, either all black through Chrome or all green through Firefox. It is really annoying the hell out of me, why can't AMD make decent drivers whenever you are using crossfire (280X here) it is always problems over problems! I never had any issues with the SLI setup I had with Nvidia and not a single of their many beta drivers gave me an issue.

I also always use the best driver cleaner program, the one on Guru3D, between each driver updates yet I still have the problem! I'm gonna try to disable UPLS to see if it helps but I highly doubt it.

I don't typically use beta's, because they are betas and have more issues. Everyone should know that and complaining that betas have bugs is pretty dumb, IMO. Using 14.4 now and not having any issues. Had no issues with 13.12 either. I use Chrome.

Edit: Reporting beta bugs is fine and is different than complaining that AMD's drivers aren't any good when using betas.

I was getting sporadic like once every couple of days blue screen playing YouTube videos on A10-7850K. I think it's related to YouTube recently moving away from Flash video and defaulting to HTML5 video. Too soon to reach a verdict but it hasn't done it since upgrading to 14.7 beta.

I went back to the latest official 14.4 and have no problem since then. Otherwise with 14.7 RC I'd get blank flash videos anywhere such as Youtube, Facebook, etc... I just don't trust anymore AMD's beta which are 10x less reliable than Nvidia's beta.

Well I guess my in the minority here then but my 7970 is doing much better on the 14.7 than 14.4's. I was getting some artifacting even at stock speeds on all 3dmark tests before and now those are gone and my scores are up about 1-2%. Real games doing very well too.

To get rid of the flashes on Youtube, I had to disable hardware acceleration on Chrome. Everything else is running beautifully. I was glad Skydiver got Xfire support with this driver.

Back