Using Drones To Take Selfies

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ugh. Watching this drone take a selfie makes me wish it was armed with missiles instead of a camera. Sorry Patrick Stewart.

Perhaps, it won't be long until the dronie is as mainstream as the selfie now that the ad industry has its hands on the concept. Expect to see it used in every single ad you see from now until Christmas.

Would have been better if everyone gave the finger while it was flying off.

I was thinking more along the lines of your cellphone linked to the multirotor and transmitting its GPS coordinates so it can follow. But he was flying that while keeping himself in frame? Impressive.

Sorry Patrick Stewart. ?
He's in the shot, but I don't see how him in the picture with a whole bunch of other people as an advertisement in the zoom out weighs in the same as the self-indulgent selfies taken in the bathroom with a turd floating in the toilet unflushed.

Selfies are stupid because they are narcissistic photos that aren't for the benefit of the audience, and show nothing of value save for the smug look of the tard taking a picture of her duck face.

I was thinking more along the lines of your cellphone linked to the multirotor and transmitting its GPS coordinates so it can follow. But he was flying that while keeping himself in frame? Impressive.
No, if you look at the other Vines posted under that godforsaken #dronie hashtag, you can see that it's just a multirotor running preprogrammed flight paths. Pretty trival for modern GPS-enabled multi-rotor controllers.

I want a drone. Where can I buy an awesome drone?
Assuming that by "awesome drone" you mean "potentially- semi-autonomous multirotor"...
"Domestic" hobby-grade quads...
China's finest...

I want a drone. Where can I buy an awesome drone?

Here

http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-ufos-multirotors/wltoys

They're not the awesome types, but palm sized quads are actually how you're supposed to get started. Less chance of you slicing through anyone while you learn orientation.

Too many people are buying the powerful ones without actually knowing how to fly (GPS is not a substitute!). That's like people buying automatic cars en masse without knowing anything about driving (i.e. don't know what the road signs mean, that there's such a thing as a speed limits, which side of the road you're supposed to be on, etc.).

The number of knuckleheads flying over crowds and crashing into people is increasing, and they're mostly Phantom owners. They're making them stupid easy to fly, meaning stupid people are now flying them!

What is the possibility of an Oculus being used for such applications? Yes it would just be standard 2D video, but it would be an awesome dual purpose use if possible.

look at this badass https://www.onagofly.com/tech/ ,he is small and powerful. I am not an expert but i like this little one ,
the size is something what i like most it is light, small look like easy to control,my question is a price what do you think about that, i mean i am fan so i am gonna buy it anyway but i just want to get another opinion?

Back