3D Printing With Nutella

HardOCP News

[H] News
Mmmmmm, 3D printed Nutella.

As a man who loves things that come out of tubes, I am excited about the Discov3ry Extruder. Designed as an add-on to popular 3D printers, the system is essentially a plunger connected to a nozzle that squirts out pastes of various types including icing, Nutella, spackle, and silicone.

Wonder what the aging of that nutella is (I mean, looks shiny so it must be fresh), which is probably critical to the design detail.

Need to the cookin by the book :p

The problem with printing with nutella is that the end result isn't solid. As so as you touch that medallion, is just going to smear.

If he could add some sort of heater to dispense melted chocolate, the end result would be a candy bar, instead of a goopy mess.

I hope they change the nozzle between all of those media. :D (mmmmm silicone flavored icing!!!)

I hope they change the nozzle between all of those media. :D (mmmmm silicone flavored icing!!!)

Silcone doesn't really have a flavor, and it passes though the body completely unchanged.

There is probably small amounts of silicone sealant in all the food you eat, since it's approved for use as a liquid gasket material on liquid food handling equipment. It has to be a certain kind of silicon sealant of course, to be completely impermeable to bacteria and not leech chemicals into the food, but it's not too different than the stuff you would buy to seal your bathroom shower.

Silcone doesn't really have a flavor, and it passes though the body completely unchanged.

There is probably small amounts of silicone sealant in all the food you eat, since it's approved for use as a liquid gasket material on liquid food handling equipment. It has to be a certain kind of silicon sealant of course, to be completely impermeable to bacteria and not leech chemicals into the food, but it's not too different than the stuff you would buy to seal your bathroom shower.

It definitely has a smell though in goop-form.

Back