GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK LGA 1150 Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK LGA 1150 Review - GIGABYTE has come to market with a great execution of concept that is shrouded by me-too branding. The Ultra Durable BLACK EDITION motherboards are tested to work before you purchase, and not only that, these motherboards are load tested to work for a full week before you ever open the box.

Great review TY guys!!

Fixed - Kyle

Stay on your toes with the automated OC options indeed!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review as always.

It's a pretty solid board all around it seems. Motherboards seem to be progressing in some ways still, which all things considered is impressive. The new software is getting better as well.

I just wish that Haswell had offered a real worthy upgrade for us on the "Bridges".

Nice review as always Kyle.
To bad the Creative Sound Core3D is use less out side of windows

Nice to see Gigabyte coming back. Seemed like the last few review of their boards were kinda ho-hum. Just wish their ass-kickin' motherboards werent damn near $400! Im a big believer in high end motherboards and think theyre worth the money but I think thats a little excessive.

"I like this angle of attack by GIGABYTE as it should give the guy or gal laying down his hard earned cache"

Oh if cash were only so easy to get as cache.

If I had the spare cash I would pick up one of these boards but I sadly do not.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH board didn't end up in the pre-tested series. Feature wise it seems to be one of their top boards. It would have been nice if they'd at least included 1 Thunderbolt board in the Black series.

Seems I'll be looking at gigabyte as more and more info comes out with how the new intel chips overclock on water ^_^

Thanks.

Are you guys certain the PlX chip on this mb can't do 2x PCI 3.0x16?

The network controller results confirm other reviews that Intel is better than E2200.

"I like this angle of attack by GIGABYTE as it should give the guy or gal laying down his hard earned cache"

Oh if cash were only so easy to get as cache.

If I had the spare cash I would pick up one of these boards but I sadly do not.

Hehe, you like what I did there? :)

Looking at the back side photo of the PCB at newegg shows the first PCI 3.0 electrically built to support PCI 3.0 16x speeds and the third one as well. Looks like 2x PCI 3.0x16 from the electrical design of the back side of the PCB.

Back