E3 Had More Severed Heads Than Women Presenters

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's so nice to see the recent trend of looking for controversy where there is none continuing full speed ahead. :(

There were five women presenters — speaking presenters — at the major press events this year. I'm counting Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Sony, all of whom had their major dog and pony shows yesterday. As for severed heads — there were at least 8.

So what they are saying is that female presenters were over-represented compared to the demographics of female players. Next time lets limit it to two female presenters out of fairness.

I miss the 90's so damn bad right about now. Of course like every story the *gluck gluck* sounds in the comment section are swallowing her every word.

Perhaps I should write and article and puke it up on the Internet.

"How liberals are ruining the gaming industry and just about every other technology sector."

"There's no such thing as IRL. Why the Internet needs cyber police."

"Why young, single, white, American males suck and how we can make them feel inferior."

Yeah. Sounds stupid doesn't it? The interesting thing is that some of the most racist and sexist people I meet are the same ones screaming it non-stop. Everything revolves around the "ism's" to the point that's all the see. Everything that happens is only happening because you're different from the person standing next to you.

How did we get to this point so quickly?

This is the dumbest article I've ever read. I started reading it thinking it was tongue-in-cheek. Nope.

I like how everything related to The Verge is garbage.

Stopped reading after she wrote "rather disturbing"... Which happened to be in the first sentence.

There are never going to be more women in this industry unless you can actively influence the tastes and opinions of a whole gender. Why are tech sectors dominated by men? Because a lot of women are not interested in pursuing careers in one.

Geez trying to make discrimination of women a big issue, now that the will be a woman running for president. I guess 'racism at every turn' will be given a backseat now.

Brought to you by the smarter, more sensitive, more "fair" parenting and schooling of the 21st century.

Also, were the severed heads all at one booth? If 8 companies had women representatives, and one company had all 8 severed heads...not that this is serious anyway.

I miss the 90's so damn bad right about now.
That all already started in the 90s. Remember Star Trek Voyager? That was 95-01, where they made it a point to ensure that there was just one token white guy, and of course he was the only screwup of the group, and was nostalgic about the 1950s of course as a little jab. Incompetent touchy-feely female captain doing what feels right, native-american first officer (complete with spirit pouch which he consulted for important missions, no joke), half-hispanic half klingon feminazi college dropout chief engineer, and inexplicably a full blooded Vulcan that was dark skinned amoung a myriad of other things that made it so PC it was painful! :D

Silly argument. You can find a greater number of something over something if you look hard enough.

Ie: There were more virgins over woman presenters (100 woman presenters).

6j4ko0x.jpg

stop posting this news, and ignore things that look like this. it will go away.

the more attention YOU give it, the bigger it will get.

OMG there was severed heads.. that makes the booth babes not sexist.

Overwhelmingly, the presenters at this year's pressers were white, male and able-bodied.

Obviously the solution is to cripple presenters before they go on stage.

She does not even know those heads are on pikes.....not spikes.

So there were 5 women presenting and only 4 major companies. Does that mean one of the companies had a same sex couple presenting?

The entire comments section is absolutely stereotypical social justice warrior. Every single industry and interest in the entire world has to have forced diversity. And its a rare few of them in the discussion that actually point out the actual industry, you know... video games. Even when women were represented in a ratio that far exceeded the actual gamer demographic itself, ones that are actual intelligent members of the industry, not just some model. Even then its not good enough.

It reminds me of the bathroom fiasco from PAX. Another stupid argument over something that made completely logical sense (75% males, re-designate some female bathrooms to male use, even added trans bathrooms to please that crowd), But Nooooooooooope. Even when a company makes an intelligent decision that ultimately helps an entire event, even when they cater to that 0.01%, its not good enough.

Fuck these people.

Most of the guys that I saw bored me to tears. They were so stuck up and snooty that I spent more time hoping that they would show the game already then listening to them. The few ladies I noticed did their jobs extremely well. I paid a lot more attention to what they said as they seemed to actually have something profound to say. They didn't talk a lot, but when they did it wasn't the usual "magical" "amazing" spiel.

Would I have liked to see more women? Sure. Would I have liked to see more cultural backgrounds represented? Sure. Was I upset? Not in the slightest. I'm sure that the industry will keep progressing and hiring a more diverse workforce as time marches on. I remember when it seemed like there was only Derek Smart and that one Indian guy on Intel promos in the 90's.

If I need my diversity in tech fulfilled I'll just tune into an AMD presentation. :)

So what they are saying is that female presenters were over-represented compared to the demographics of female players. Next time lets limit it to two female presenters out of fairness.

They are also over represented compared to the ratio of female programmers.

Activists crying about the new Rainbow Six Siege where the hostage was a woman and not a man, they've all climbed on top of their hugbox's etc that the hostage being a woman etc is sexist

I was just pointing out they're out of their bloody minds, and that its a VIDEO GAME and that a man OR a woman can be hostage in them

Remember, as much as they protest that it isn't, it's not about getting EQUAL treatment. It's about getting SPECIAL treatment.

Remember, as much as they protest that it isn't, it's not about getting EQUAL treatment. It's about getting SPECIAL treatment.
Feminists have been very clear about what they want: They want equal pay for equal work.... even if they don't actually work equal (working fewer hours with usually only guys at the office past 7PM, less or no physical labor, extended absences for pregnancy that somehow isn't supposed to effect your career development, etc), and they want guys to pay for dates, drinks, gas, and so forth while ensuring they are first off the boat, never pay child support, and can hit men but not be hit back because, well, I'm a girl!

Can't we all just agree this is a dumb hyper-PC overreaction without getting into the whole HURR HURR mens rights stupidity?

I think the biggest problem with articles like this one are that they detract from legitimate complaints about how men act, how many of them are indeed doing awful stuff that gets swept out of sight, and instead make issues out of the most dumb stuff which then causes a bunch of men get together and go "Hur hur! This is why any sort of objection or complaint is invalid and just means that someone wants to be treated as special! This is proof we can ignore actual problems!"

So while I'm with people when they say this is a stupid article and not worth caring about, I do think that many men, particularly the white male majority, are going to use this positively stupid thing as another phone book to prop up their arguments that they're they have horrible, unfair lives being in the ruling majority of gender and race and how life is so hard for them being the highest paid and most likely to occupy positions of importance.

Can't we all just agree this is a dumb hyper-PC overreaction without getting into the whole HURR HURR mens rights stupidity?

Three guesses which reaction you find more valid, and the first two don't count. :rolleyes:

Three guesses which reaction you find more valid, and the first two don't count. :rolleyes:

What do you mean? Between the over reaction in the article and the over reaction to the article? They are both dumb as hell.

What do you mean? Between the over reaction in the article and the over reaction to the article? They are both dumb as hell.

"Less women than severed heads at E3" - "dumb as hell".

"Wow, what a dumb thing to say" - "dumb as hell".

Amazing how everyone is dumb to you. Much like, I imagine, when one person thinks everyone else is crazy except them.

"Less women than severed heads at E3" - "dumb as hell".

"Wow, what a dumb thing to say" - "dumb as hell".

Amazing how everyone is dumb to you. Much like, I imagine, when one person thinks everyone else is crazy except them.

Reading is really difficult for you, isn't it?

I think the biggest problem with articles like this one are that they detract from legitimate complaints about how men act, how many of them are indeed doing awful stuff that gets swept out of sight, and instead make issues out of the most dumb stuff which then causes a bunch of men get together and go "Hur hur! This is why any sort of objection or complaint is invalid and just means that someone wants to be treated as special! This is proof we can ignore actual problems!"

Wait, is this the start of a potentially legitimate and sane argument out of CUG on the whole feminist bullshit thing? Could it be that there is some reason and rational thinking in there and a realization that while there are certainly problems (human nature always will be) they aren't quite as rampant as the extremist feminist propaganda machine would like you to believe?

So while I'm with people when they say this is a stupid article and not worth caring about, I do think that many men, particularly the white male majority, are going to use this positively stupid thing as another phone book to prop up their arguments that they're they have horrible, unfair lives being in the ruling majority of gender and race and how life is so hard for them being the highest paid and most likely to occupy positions of importance.

...Nope, there it is. As quickly as the above thought started to form, the brainwashed feminist ideology shit comes out and overshadows any point that might of been made.

Pity.

Back OT.

Article is just another example of the stupidity that is infesting every corner of our society. Honestly I didn't click it, I didn't read it and I won't because I refuse to continue giving any viewership or platform for these idiots to push their agenda. We all as people of rational and logical minds need to simply stop catering to these asshats and just ignore them. Eventually they will get tired of yelling at a wall.

Back