Official Destiny E3 Trailer

I see way too many Halo influences in this.

The floating platforms, Guilty Spark, the Ghosts etc. Shit, even when the "Destiny" text appears at the end the trailer just strikes me as the title screen from Halo.

A lot of CG scenes, a lot of "moved camera, you will NEVER actually see this when playing" scenes, very little "this is what it will look like when you're playing" scenes.

I hope this game fails and Bungie is forced to close. They have been pumping out lies and garbage since H2.

The new Anniversary package might be good for directly comparing how shitty the engine in every game was except for the first.

The floating platforms, Guilty Spark, the Ghosts etc. Shit, even when the "Destiny" text appears at the end the trailer just strikes me as the title screen from Halo.

That was my thought also. Even the way the characters moved, the lighting. Their staff must be reusing and reworking a lot of the Halo assets. This could go either way. Halo had fun co-op. That was the only reason I played it as the story lines were pretty mediocre. Though since this basically screams to be played co-op, it might be just right. I do hope the story throughout the game is a bit more consistent than Halo though.

A PC release of this would be nice or I will just pick it up for my 360. It isn't anywhere near enough for me to shell out $400 dollars on a new console that I would much rather put into my PC.

Me too. I thought: Halo came knocking and wants its story back. :p

Well ofcourse, its a Halo texture mod of Borderlands

Haha! Good call.

I means it's obvious that Bungie are going to have been shaped by there past but everything I have seen of Destiny just smacks a little too much of Halo.

For me personally, Halo was always just "ok". The engine always lacked a certain fluidity and by the time Halo 4 came out the shooting mechanics were a decade in the past.

I was hoping Destiny would be more of a departure but everything I have seen seems to suggest that is not the case.

I am disappoint.
I am

Bungie is proving themselves to be nothing but a one hit wonder. Seriously is this all the originality that they can muster? If so, they were better off being a part of Microsoft because at least Halo would have kept them with a steady source of revenue. I will not predict whether this game will fail or be successful, but it lacks any originality. At this stage, their only chance for success might be if the graphics and gameplay mechanics knock it out of the park.

Rather they do a remake of Marathon. Halo borrowed heavily from Marathon, but it wasn't the same really.

Looks boring. The whole trailer I was waiting for something that looked new and interesting.

Looks like someone took halo and mashed it with a star wars game and puked out a ball of shit. If its anything like Halo, it'll be another mediocre shooter that console fanboys will continue having blue balls over holographic women. You bro's wanna pass me another natty ice?

No thanks, I'll pass on this game.

Is it me or are more and more devs just pushing out mods of other games they have made and selling them as full fledged new titles ? Destiny, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Battlefield Hardline etc. are gamers really going to eat this crap ?

Looks like someone took halo and mashed it with a star wars game and puked out a ball of shit. If its anything like Halo, it'll be another mediocre shooter that console fanboys will continue having blue balls over holographic women. You bro's wanna pass me another natty ice?

No thanks, I'll pass on this game.

Meh, speak for yourself. I like the Halo series, and I like MMOs, so Destiny is definitely high on my radar.

It's hard to watch this and not think that this could've been a really cool Mass Effect game.

Bungie: "we are tired of making Halo!!" *bitch* *bitch* *bitch* *bitch*

Bungie: "Here's our new game...its totally NOT Halo."

Back