Amazing Magnetic Levitation Device!

No, just a nice strong neo magnet is all it would take.

Magnet that strength might generate some unwanted current in nearby wires/computers... wouldn't it?

Has to oscillate quite a bit somehow I think. Using it like a lazy-susan wouldn't do it.

Well, at least we are one step closer to the hover concept found in Back to the Future II. Not quite a hover board though.

Well, at least we are one step closer to the hover concept found in Back to the Future II. Not quite a hover board though.

Not really..the original magnetic disc you see in the first part is put into everything else that was "levitating" so..really just the same thing that has been around for years. Nothing actually new here or really even interesting for that matter. So it isn't any closer.

I've always wanted to use a few of the massive neodymium magnets, anchored somehow, to levitate my bedframe.

And throw a 15" subwoofer into the box spring :)

They sell a 980 euro floating lamp, in for 5! Euros are like 100 to the dollar, right?

I bet it makes profit in the magician's supply market.

Looks like an electromagnetic cradle, with a position sensor (given away in the pillow scene - Note the hole in the table, and the ?reflective? patch on the bottom of the pillow.

Magnets on their own, without any additional supports, will not hover. Active support is needed - Like this video demonstrates.

It does look very powerful, though. Neat.

Looks like an electromagnetic cradle, with a position sensor (given away in the pillow scene - Note the hole in the table, and the ?reflective? patch on the bottom of the pillow.

Magnets on their own, without any additional supports, will not hover. Active support is needed - Like this video demonstrates.

It does look very powerful, though. Neat.

Looks like a shorting ring is used to focus the magnetism, just need some cleverly placed magnets on the table to produce just the right flux to keep it centered and floating. No need for position sensors and circuits to control any electromagnets.

omg

Floating millennium falcon, x-wing, death star or even a star destroyer! I want them all!

Back